SRS so, yeah. my best friend is in the hospital and will probably not come out.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lick wid nit wit, Oct 31, 2008.

1. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

My best friend in the whole entire world has been diagnosed with lung cancer. He beat cancer twenty years ago and now it's back. The doctors told him he had a good chance at survival this time around.

Until he had a stroke Monday and was rushed to the hospital. Now they discover the cancer was a lot worse than they thought and it's spread to his brain :wtc: he's lost something like 30 pounds in the last week alone. :sadwavey:

To top it off, another good friend of mine who lives in Edmonton is "missing and presumed to have met with foul play". :sadwavey:

I feel like sticking my head in the oven sometimes. My friend with cancer, he is my rock, the person I can lean on for anything. I am really not sure how I will be able to get through life without him when he is gone.

Fuck. I am crying as I write this.

People of the Asylum, go home and hug the people closest to you and tell them how much you love them. Please. Do it for my friend Gerry and do it for me.

:wtc:

2. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

sorry to hear this dude... :hug:

3. Julius

Julius Guest

I'll keep your friends in my prayers. A prognosis and an assumption are about as vanilla as you can get.. but there's always a probability of anything happening...

Be glad that you have such friends. Remember the times and lessons you have learned with them. Keep their memory alive.

4. lick wid nit wit

thanks guys.

I was just at the hospital to visit him and he was sleeping. he had just had radiation and they had sedated him.

5. Two toys

Two toys New Member

check out modlygiraffes thread i posted about my experience if you want to read it.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If possible ask about any of the things you might be able to do for him, get his favorite item or bringing something you'll know that will make him smile can mean the world to him while in a state like that.

I don't want to talk any of your friends 'dead' but i always say imagine if you would die, would like all your loved ones to be in agony,misery and tears for many many years to come over your death? OF course not, you would want them to be as happy and making the most of their lives as much as possible, so instead of dying for your friends, start living for them!

7. lick wid nit wit

Yesterday I brought him a stuffed turtle. He loves turtles. He was so zonked from meds that I tucked the turtle and a note from me under his hand and then just sat with him for an hour. He didn't really move except moan in pain a bit. I hit the call button for the nurses and they showed me his morphine button and told me that when he moans like that just hit it once.

Poor guy. It's heartbreaking to see your bestest friend in so much pain like that. I haven't cried buckets of tears like that in ages.

I'll be going back tonight. The nurses told me that they'd set up a cot in his room and I can stay for the night holding his hand next to his bed if I want to.

:wtc:

8. notsousual

notsousual New Member

:hug:

I feel for you, that is horrible.

I have no idea what I'd do if this happened to one of my best friends. Just thinking about it is making me extremely sad and start to tear up.

I sincerely hope the best for you and your friend, for whatever it's worth.

9. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

10. lick wid nit wit

thank you :)

now he has quit eating and drinking. they're feeding him with a tube. fuck, this is so hard. :sadwavey:

11. Two toys

Two toys New Member

everytime i visit this thread i start to cry. :( sorry.

12. lick wid nit wit

it's okay. it's a reminder life isn't fair :wtc:

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:hug: I was there 3 years ago man. I'm very sorry, it's a hard position to be in :(

14. lick wid nit wit

thank you. it's tough. :sadwavey: he doesn't recognize anyone anymore and he's pretty much in a coma now. They are just managing his pain at this point which is all they can do.

I will have two funerals to attend before xmas. This xmas is going to suck. I'm just going to skip it this year :wtc:

15. Wow. Sorry to hear. Life is so short and precious.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:hug: Yep, exact same for me. I had two deaths in a row right before Christmas 3 years ago and it still hurts me today. I wish I could be more uplifting but the truth is in his condition you almost hope for his pain to be over. I know my best friend who was in a vegetative state was much better off. Either way, I'm very sorry because I've been there and I hope you see the positive over the very negative. His death made me a different person, a better person who doesn't take things for granted whatsoever.

17. Jovian

Jovian New Member

sigh. Things like this never get easier to see - Even if you work with it every day. =/

I wish you and him the best. Being there for him helps more than you'll ever know. :hs: