So yeah, GT PSP is a big dissapointment

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by forgotmyname, Oct 2, 2009.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

There is nothing to do on this game. Yeah, I know, reviewers complained about the lack of an actual career mode, but yeah, GT without career mode sucks big time.

2. assclown

assclown Active Member

This definitely deserved its own thread.

:ugh2:

3. sony

sony Active Member

thanks for the update, infamous8

4. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Shame. I'd almost buy one of those new PSPs for GT and RB: Unplugged if they weren't watered down versions of the real games. When will they learn?

5. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

wow for once i agree with you
    although i havent even played the game so my opinion is useless

6. sony

sony Active Member

oh great juvental and forgotmyname agreeing :( what have you done kaz???? :wtc:

7. Jonathan77

Jonathan77 Dreamer, Nostalgic with the state of mind

8. Fareo

Fareo New Member

:ugh:

whats honestly missing?... there are cars, tracks, races, license tests, you start off with some credits and you earn more each race, instead of picking the right car for the right kind of races you have to decide if you wanna spend your money on this car.. or wait till the next "day" to see what comes up next. thus still having some type of strategy to buying cars, its like the used car lots in Gt2 and 4.

this is actually gran turismo, in less then a gig? i dont see what everyone is bitching about, its great.

9. juvental604

world is coming to an end

10. juvental604

modding is the biggest thing, that feeling of making a peice of junk handle well and drive that much better. Also the feeling of progressing through a career mode and buying cars for specific challenges like 80s cars only.

When I think back to what GT 1 introduced to the racing genre those 2 things stand out the most.

11. sony

sony Active Member

at least u and fareo still disagree

12. juvental604

we usually agree to disagree and then disagree to agree or something like that

13. Fareo

Fareo New Member

that sounds about right :o

14. Fareo

Fareo New Member

but again your comparing this experience to playing it at home with more time on your hands, this game is designed to be played in short bursts not marathons thats why there is no endurance races. ive been playing it for 2 days now and buying a car for 10,000 credits and then suping it up is one of the things i look forward to the most out of a GT game but so far the lack of this feature hasn't bothered me.

had GT5 shipped with no career mode i would rally all you guys up to go burn down polyphony but i think most of you are missing the point that this is a PSP (playstation PORTABLE) game not a home console game. look at games like half minute hero you try to compare that to final fantasy 7 and you laugh but on the PSP it makes total sense and its alot of fun to play a whole RPG in 30sec (give or take). because alot of the time when your out and about you only have a minute or 2 to play.

im gonna wright a full review for GT PSP i just need more time with the game i dont want it to be hasty.

15. charbaby

charbaby New Member

I just spent a few hours playing. It's pretty much GT in your pocket without a career mode. Choose a car then pick a track and race. Make money, fuck bitches, buy a better car and repeat.

16. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

the no career doesnt bother me much for the reasons you posted, its for psp, when will i honestly want to sit down to play the game for a marathon session when i got a ps3 with gt5p sitting here. id play it in smaller bursts to kill time like i use all my psp games to do

17. forgotmyname

GT PSP is like buying a game that already comes beaten. All courses are unlocked. There is nothing to tune, nothing to progress. Game is pointless.

18. Fareo

Fareo New Member

you start off with 100,000 credits and there are cars that are 2million+, having locked courses in a psp game would have pissed me off, if you "favorite" a car you can bring up quick tune, a simplified version of the quick tune in GT5P. as you win races the better you do the further your rank goes and thus the difficultly of the AI, its likes like a smart difficulty/careerish mode, driver challenges are licence tests with a new name, as well as the strategy of "do i buy this car now and wipe out my funds... but what if something cool shows up the next in game day and im out of cash :noes: ..." which adds a layer of difficulty of unlocking cars thats actually kinda interesting.

what game where you playing? because it wasnt gran turismo, or you played it for 2 mins and shut it off :o

19. forgotmyname

You are overrating simple details. The "strategy" about holding your money for a better car is useless since there is barely a reason to buy a car in this game. Its not like you can buy upgrades and make them personal.

20. juvental604

21. forgotmyname

Well, I take my words back...a bit. :o

I've been playing more of this game. I finally got to 1million credits so I am wondering what I should buy. I bought the Modellista Celica but it was a slow pos.

I also have a 96 RX-7, Shelby Mustang GT350R, 99 Motorsport Elise (Love this car), and the pos slow TRD.

Nobody does better replays than Polyphony. On and this graphics. :bowdown:

22. Yoritomo

Yoritomo dad's jar chimer

23. Fareo

Fareo New Member

there will always be 53 skylines, the game was originally made for the intentions of being released in japan, then later thought to release it state side and in the UK. when making the original car list we weren't in mind and they have since carried forward the car list throughout the rest of the games, so ya GT7 will also have 53 skylines.

its not that big of a deal because even if there are only 250 different models out of the 800 thats still, on average 150 more cars then most PSP games have.

24. juvental604

so um will every car in the psp version be in gt5 or not

25. NavS

NavS its me!

people that want a career mode and 58 million cars on the track are missing the point... this is on the PSP, fucking PlayStation PORTABLE. Its meant to be played like whenever, that's why you won't find some asinine race with 20 laps in it. Pick up and play thats what it was meant for, they said this when they announced the PSP GO and GTPSP.