SO x-mas gift idea thread.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jmezz, Nov 10, 2006.

1. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I am at a complete loss at what I should get my SO for x-mas.

We've been dating for 3.5 months now. She's talked to my friends about what she is thinking about getting me and they told me that if she follows through that I have my work cut out for me.

She's going to school for interior design and she loves everything that has to do with it, but I can't think of any good ideas that have to do with interior design. She also loves Coach bags but giving her a handbag for x-mas seems kinda lame to me. I know jewelry is a girl's best friend but I think it's kinda too early for that, no?

Guys what are you getting your girls for x-mas? And girls what would you like to get for x-mas?

Let's discuss.

2. fray

fray New Member

well, this is no huge gift idea, because i can't even come up with very good ideas for my bf to get me this year... but i know i would appreciate a stocking with just little stuff i like - candy, snacks, goofy stuff, maybe stuff that is made by or special to the two of you. I would think she might like that. We tend to like cutesy personal things that take some thought, and who doesn't want a stocking? Of course, you'll want some kind of real gift too....and for that I've got nothing.

...maybe take her somewhere for a weekend or something? Nice hotel room and stuff. ...? I'm bad at presents.

3. FredricaBimmel

FredricaBimmel Great big fat person

Something I got my girlfriend was a suede custom made journal. She loves to write, draw and travel so I though this was ideal.

You can customize the types of paper, bindings, ingravings, and cover. I paid about 70 bucks for it all in all and she loved it. I also wrote on the inside cover (on the suede) a note about how I felt about her and she could use this to remember special moments and travel logs in the future.

Just because she likes interior design doesn't mean she wants that type of gift. Something simple from the heart means much more.

4. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

what about books on interior design? what are her other interests? think of her favorite drink, restaurant. you can package a "night out" in a box.

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

purse with like sharpies and colored pencils and supplies in it?

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I'm buying my husband a welder, he's buying me a new (right hand) ring.

7. jmezz

She loves to do scrapbooks too.

You think it's too early for jewelry?

Girls what would YOU like to get for x-mas?

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Get an expensive hotel room with a jacuzzi in the room.

Around the Jacuzzi, set up SCENTED candles, spread rose petals around the room, and put her favorite flowers in there. If you both like it, get wine too. And chocolate.

Have her favorite love music playing. The only lights should be candle light.

To make it real nice, have your buddy waiting at the room, and call him about 10 minutes before you arrive, and have him light the candles, get the music playing, then get the hell out.

I stole the idea from my best friend, and she loved it. I loved it too. It was a lot of fun for the both of us.

9. zgxjlx

zgxjlx New Member

I will be watching this tread, cuz our anniversary is on x-mas:)

those days my gf is in a bad mood, it seems there's no proper job for her, I know she tried her best, but sometimes things are just messed up. I really really want to cheer her up.

same question: girls what would you like to get for x-mas/anniversary?

10. whelen1

whelen1 New Member

I bought my now GF a $250 diamond heart necklace 2 months into our relationship....

Call me crazy!

Xmas is always a tough thing especially early on in the relationship, but something that is out of the ordinary is definitly in... the idea with the hotel room is GOLDEN material :naughty: So good im going to steal that for myself :bowdown: :naughty:

you won't really have good luck with xmas until you surpass the year mark IMHO.

11. jmezz

That is a really, really good idea but I don't think it'd work out for me seeing as though we haven't been dating that long.

12. fray

fray New Member

:rofl: Hahah...I got to here

and thought this response was going right down the tube! In the main forum, it would've gotten ugly!!

13. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

This year I just want to spend christmas with my boyfriend and my family all together at the same time. The rest will just be gravy.

But honestly he does really well. He suprised me on my birthday with an iKitty (google it if you dont know what it is) and I thought that, that was so cool. He also gave me money to buy whatever cell phone I wanted.

We will be together 3 years in January. Still no jewelry but thats ok I really dont wear it. Although roses would be nice.

Yes, dood buying a $250 necklace after 2 months is just stupid. But to each his own.

14. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I agree. I would rather have something personalised or special. I dont want jewelry unless something is meant when it is given to me. I dont wear it either.

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I want jewelry. I don't play into the whole "I just want to be with you" bs some people do (maybe it's not BS for them, but it would be for me :noes: ) as far as Christmas presents go. Christmas (to us) is not a religious thing, it's all about the presents. I can be with my husband any day of the year. I'm not a materialistic type of person, but I can only take so many years of getting useful items like pots and pans sets and vaccuum cleaners for Christmas and my birthday while he gets something not useful but that he wants before I forget about being practical and want something just because I do (sorry for the run on sentence).
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for this response, but I don't care. I'm just being honest.

16. The Secretary

Since we have an ldr time together is much more precious to us. Gifts and things are nice and the stuff he's gotten for me has been stuff that I want and would not be able to aquire for awhile or at all becuase of the price tag on it. His idea of expensive and my idea of expensive are on 2 way different ends of the specturm.

I :rofl: at the thought of my bf picking jewerly for me somtimes. It could end up like my moms engagement ring, and be *SQUARE*, so ill go with him (bf) whenever hes ready to buy me jewerly.

My dad is such a tard sometimes, btw that was almost 30 years ago so it hasnt been recent.

17. The Secretary

At least your honest.

18. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

My girlfriend loves the band Hellogoodbye so I bought her a big sticker from them (because she loves them) and a slap bracelet that says hellogoodbye on it as well.

I like the idea of a stocking full of little things she likes. I'm gonnna use that. :)

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I'm sure it would be different if we hadn't been together so long, or if it was a LDR.

20. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

my SO keeps asking what i want for xmas and i really don't know what i want. i never want anything, i'm really not big on getting gifts from anyone. they say jewelry is a girls best friend and stuff but not every girl wants jewelry and it's not always appropriate to give jewelry. I already got a beautiful bracelet, the ony thing i'd want jewelry-wise would be a necklace and/or an engagement ring. i'd really like to be suprised and i want it to be something special, something that would mean a lot and that i'd know came from the heart. i don't know what to get him, his birthday was last month, i got him an 8Gb Creative Zen mp3 player and put some music on it and pictures of us, some of me and our friends. i don't know what to do for xmas though, but i have a few weeks to think about it i guess...i have a few ideas and i'd list them, but he's an OTer, hehehe

21. lightsareout

lightsareout New Member

i'm buying mine an ipod nano

22. The Secretary

Also one of the best gifts my bf has ever gotten me. I use it like everyday.

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Jewelry, hear me out. Not a ring or metal or gems, but some hand-made pretty, unique artisan jewelry. its personal, she can wear it and be reminded of you etc etc.
    also for sure taker her out and get a hotel. We really just want to feel loved/special.

24. Voltekker

Voltekker Active Member

im getting my s/o the magic bullet she LOVES IT.

25. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

mine got me a digital camera so far.. i dunno what else he's getting me. im spoiled.