MIL so why are pj's considered SF?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by clever_username, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

just curious. i was at the galley and something came on CNN about them. i found myself chuckling a little, probably because my take is this: If you can show your face on tv, you're not SF. of course then i realized there's been a shitload of documentaries on buds and hellweek. so maybe it's only operators in country that avoid being seen. i think these guys (the pj's) were.

then again, i've been called idiot before.

2. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

by that definition the only real SF then would be like delta force. they are special forces because they are branched off from the 'norm' of your everyday joe soldier. are they in the same league as seals, marine force recon, etc? no.. but they still fall in that category.

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

First off only Army Special Forces are SF. Everyone else falls under SOCOM. There are different tiers of operators in SOCOM. With PJ's falling in one of the tiers.

PJ's are the ones called in to get Delta, Seals, SF and Pilots out of trouble when they are hurt behind enemy lines. Their training is 2 years long and has one of the toughest selection course in SOCOM. Even though their mission is that of a life-saver they are very well trained killers as well. The reason they don't hide their identity is because they are not "secretive" operators. They only go in to get a fellow operator out.

Once again you are an idiot.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  4. pew pew pew

pew pew pew OT Supporter

uhmm i worked with a special forces soldier at an auto parts store... i mean theyre exceptional but its not like 007 or bourne identity or something.

5. brackac

Let me add a little known fact about the "Blackhawk Down" firefight. AF PJ's and Combat Controllers were instrumental in extraction of the Rangers.

Most recently, Pararescuemen were involved in the struggle to capture Somalia leader Mohammed Farrah Aidid. Assigned jointly with army Rangers, PJs were tasked to operate in a Search and Rescue (SAR) role on Army helicopters.After the initial assault began, two Army helicopters were shot down, PJ sresponded to the scene to assist survivors and treat the wounded. The helocrashes were in the middle of the battle zone. The PJs, along with a Combat Controller and additional Army Rangers, were inserted into the firefight, removed injured personnel from further danger and administered life saving emergency medical treatment.

6. brackac

You will never meet a guy that wasn't former SF/Delta/Seal/Mercenary/Spi/Sniper. Nobody wants to say they were a truck driver while in the military. Not saying he wasn't but I would be skeptical.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  7. pew pew pew

pew pew pew OT Supporter

he was, i know everyone says that but im pretty sure he was legit. he was real modest until i pressed him for info and he went into detail about his deployments and units and stuff and i checked the info online and it all meshed.

8. s3rca

s3rca New Member

if i had a nickle for every guy i met that said he was a fromer seal/delta/sniper etc , my bank statement would put bill gates to shame

9. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

and this is another of those moments...

10. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Your wish is my command.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.