So who is Chris Bangle?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Chris87, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

:dunno:

From what i've gathered is that he's prolly the cheif design engineer for BMW. He seems to really suck at his job. How did he get this job and why isn't he fired yet?

He sounds like he's one of those "rich kids" that got the job given to him by a high-up-the-bmw-corporate-ladder relative of his...Spoiled kid fucking shit up and driving the company into the ground, but no ones got the balls to say anything in fear they might lose their job. :o

Anyone have a picture of this douchbag?

2. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

I don't know if he sucks at his job yet, we'll have to wait like at least 2 or 3 years to see how his designs look in the long run. I think BMW wanted to have a turn in styling, you have to admit, the new ones look really unique, I guess...

3. Chris87

I guess it'll prolly take a few yrs for everyone to get used to the new styles, but right now they are pretty fugly.

I remember i hated the E46 when it first came out.. Also hated the Mk4 vdubs. Now i love them all. :o

4. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

Chris Bangle is kind of an enigma, as an American working high up in a predominantly German family owned and controlled company. He's responsible for their US design centre, which I believe is based in California.

Couple of pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Chris87

So he just got the job b/c he's "supposed" to have mad skill when it comes to designing cars? :dunno:

I was seriously thinking he was inherited the job.
    He kind of looks like the dad from "Family Ties" :big grin: