MMA So......who hear sees "stars" from time to time....

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by TQ, Nov 8, 2006.

1. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

I'm copy+pasting this from my F&N log btw...

basically ever since I got kicked in the face the other day....every once in awhile I see flashes of light out of the corner of my left eye (sporadically, maybe 5 times total throughout the day).

Anyone ever experience this?

The story....

I was at a buddy's halloween party last friday and there were probably 50-75 people there.

Around 3 or 4am while we were all drunk as hell a group of Samoans came over and started a fight for no damn reason.

My costume:
    [​IMG]

Quickly I took that shit off but then I was barefoot (and drunk as hell) in a room with a hardwood floor full of people fighting and everyone had dropped their drinks.....basically it was like walking on ice and it was all I could do to stay standing.

The first guy I see is this huge samoan dude punching someone so I try to run towards him and one of his friends pushes me down from behind and the big guy lands a kick square on the left side of my face.

After that it was all I could do to cover my face and I got kicked in the back and ribs god knows how many times :mad:

I managed to grab one of the legs and pulled him down but that was about it :o

Luckily I just had some scratches on my face and was sore for the next couple of days. Somehow my buddies found out a few of the guys' names and are pressing charges but who knows what will come of it :hs:

Felt like I was back in highschool again :rolleyes:

2. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

and when I say hear I mean "here"

:rofl: :o

3. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

pics?

4. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

None.

As a matter of fact, I had my week old SD700 in my pocket when this shit went down and I found it an hour later in the corner covered in beer :mad:

Still works alright but now its all scratched up :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't bruise easily ( :dunno: ) and the only marks on my face were some broken blood vessels and scratches. My jaw was sore for a couple days but that was it.

5. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

ouch dude. Definetley something you should check out. Seeing flashes could be anything from damaged retinas to poor blood flow/damage to parts of the brain.

Clever costume btw.

6. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

needless to say, I'm never getting drunk again unless I'm with a tight knit group of friends (in other words, not at parties.)

We're all still pretty young, 22-25 and I thought we'd all grown out of that stupid shit but apparently whenever you have a party, assholes tend to show up :mad:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  7. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Fuuuuuuuuckk :hs:

Probably shouldn't be drinking this gin/tonic :o

It's weird because its only been happening for the last couple of days but I can't think of any other reason for it to happen other than the kick to the face :dunno:

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I love how your post starts off so casually like "ever since i got kicked in the face the other day..." haha.

and yeah

1) you should get it checked out for the fuck of it (if you have insurance it's worth it)

2) fuck getting wasted at parties. If it's a lot of people and obvious outside of the house that there's a party there, some shit is bound to go down with some people that don't belong there. I stick with cheap Malt Liquor personally (but thena gain that's what I usually drink anyway)... Get your buzz on pretty hard but rarely will you get so wasted off it that you can't see straight enough to throw a few.

9. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Yeah I generally don't get that drunk (I'm a big guy and it just takes forever :hs: ) but shit we'd been drinking for like 6-7hrs (this shit happened at 3-4am)

10. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

btw I posted this here because I figured some of you had been punched/kicked in the head once or twice :o

11. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

You kinda look like el guapo :eek5:

12. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

:rofl:

13. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

further proof watching MMA does not = knowing how to fight :rofl:

I'm just pickin on ya bro. Yeah it could be nothing, or it could be like retinal or optic nerve damage, who knows. better safe than sorry.

14. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

15. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Haha Shaddup

If I wasn't drunk, barefoot, and could stand up straight, I woulda had that fat guy in a flying armbar.

:rofl:

16. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

17. TigreTek

the "stars" or flashes that you're seeing count as floaters, re-read the article if your eye isn't completely fucked yet.

18. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yes many times. Like stated, you should see a doctor just to get it checked out.

I've never seen stars afterwards, but then again most of my sparring/fighting experience was in boxing in my younger teens when we were all skinny bitches and didn't hit hard enough to do super serial damage. I've been kicked in the head once and that shit fucking hurt, but similarly, didn't see stars (it was a high kick, not when i was on the ground... maybe less power to it)

19. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

One time rolling i jumped to guard and the guy slipped and basically powerbombed me like he was rampage and i was arona. Our faces smashed together with a deep thud noise, pretty hard impact. I know I saw stars right after, but no real long term effects aside from random headaches. Id definately get it looked at if it gets worse / bothersome.

20. $lacker

$lacker FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews OT Supporter

I've had floaters before, but they always went away after a few days
    If you're seeing flashes still, that's pretty bad dude... usually that's neurons dying, isn't it?

21. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

never had floaters, but I did have a headache for a month after getting knocked out. it sucked

22. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I got nailed boxing last night and saw a big green blinky spot for about 2 minutes

23. TigreTek

tell me you got this checked out

24. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

man I just realized....

that would suck ASS to be on the ground with some somoan guy soccer kicking your head with his leg that, alone, weighs about 150lbs plus the added force of muscular drive. Goddamn.

25. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

No.

It stopped doing it a couple of days ago. :dunno: