GUN So where is your closest gun... right now.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Jul 29, 2004.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

18" away. on top of my CPU. I carry all the time, sometimes in my house too.

I walked out of my room the other day to two strangers in my living room... they worked for the apartment complex and were seeing who had moved out already (college living, individual leased rooms.) Said they knocked, I didn't hear them :squint:

My gun was locked up, they could have been bad guys and I coulda been attacked:eek3: :o

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Locked in a safe in my nightstand

3. ozwald

ozwald OT Supporter

right behind me right now, although my ammo is in a different room

4. i300zxtt

i300zxtt New Member

1 foot away on my desk. G23, 3 mags filled with 165g golddots next to it, 1 in the gun...

5. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

A Glock 19 15 + 1 and a Para Ordnance 12+1 all with Winchester Rangers 3 feet away in a table safe. 1.3 seconds to open.

6. ryanbum

Oh and a Bushmaster AR-15 under the bed with the bolt locked back safety off and 28 rounds of SS109s. On button away from ready to fire..

....am I paranoid?

7. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

xd 40 with 10 rounds and a ar15 with 19 in the mag.

8. ozwald

ozwald OT Supporter

ok, went and got my S&W mod 10-6
    .38 spl

9. ez4me2c3d

ez4me2c3d Guest

XD40 with a two mags, one with 10 and one with 9 rounds in it. it's in my bedroom on my night stand, which is right next to my computer room.

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

no, but if the mag is in the weapon, you're trusting the weapon too much. i'll never trust anything with a floating firing pin that much. which is why i don't keep one in the chamber of my AR. because while it's going to be REALLY, REALLY rare that it happens, floating firing pins can cause AD's without pulling the trigger. locking the bolt to the rear is just begging for the rifle to be jarred and release the bolt, chambering a round. also, i'd prefer to leave the buffer spring uncompressed. and if you leave the hammer back, that's bad for the hammer spring.

SS109 royally sucks for defense ammo.

oh, and my AR is loaded with Black Hills 75 gr. OTM. one mag in the rifle, one right next to it when i'm in bed. my gear is next to the door to my room, and in it resides another 12 mags. right now, the rifle is still upstairs in my room, next to my bed, because i'm lazy and don't feel like bringing it with me down here. i should, but i don't.

11. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

my Sig .40 is under my bed in a locked case, the key to the lock is one my keychain, which is across the room, with another taped to the top of the bed. magazine is in a cd case that is on the wall above my head, and has 10 rounds of hydrashok in it.

the 12 gauge Winchester is about 6 feet away, and so it the 30-06, and 3 .22's (no ruger 10.22, sorry) the ammo for these guns is in a secret compartment in the closet that i keep the guns in.

also the knife and tomahawk i made in boyscouts hangs on the wall over my head ( good idea in an earthquake prone area right? :rofl: ) they are balanced and i keep them nice and sharp. im pretty good at hitting what i aim for too :)

12. ososlow

ososlow OT Supporter

Seems to me like you guys are kinda paranoid about being broken into :eek3: .
    I guess I would have a gun close to me as well if the laws here wern't so strict :hs: .
    My family's guns are locked up in a safe right below me downstairs behind a dummy wall. Hard to get to if I needed to. But I have a 4" pocket knife infront of me and a CO2 pistol just down the hall in my parents room if I needed it. :hs:

13. murph38_99

murph38_99 OG Silver Member

XD-40/10rnds 185grn Hydra-shoks is six inches to my left. My bushy is 4 feet away on the wall with mag in 29 rounds of xm193 un-chambered. in the closet is the Win. 1300 12 gauge, with number 6 shot, the 10/22 is unloaded and would make a great bat....
    To my right there are 2 swords, nothing I would swing on someone unless I absolutley last ditch SHTF had to. Then next to that is my M-9 USMC Buck
    9 (no ontario bluushit) Bayonet. Not to mention the numerous knives i keep in my head board. And finally my new roomate has some beautiful lever-action .375 Winchester
    We also have a noose, fiberwire, and 100ft of para cord for "detaineess" which are also under my bed, as well as my friends easton and Lousiville slugger in the hall closet.

14. ryanbum

I know the SS109's suck but they are the only 5.56 ammo I have right now. How do you shoot 75gr out of your gun? What is the twist in your bbl?

15. bigbob28

bigbob28 when all is said and done only i will be left stan

I keep one on my night stand beside my bed

16. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SAR1 next to the desk with 30 rounds loaded up and about 8 more loaded mags in dresser drawer

17. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

Yeah if you chamber a round it will leave a tiny indent on the primer.

18. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

My Glock 19 is like my siamese twin. In my home I have the 12g cruiser ready. If it goes beyond that I've got to open the safe and then it's going to get really loud.

19. Nazareth_JA

Nazareth_JA Guest

5' away.
    3 full clips.

20. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

it's a 1/9 right now, but i have a 1/7 16" M4-profile ready to go in september. the reason i can get the 75 gr. to work is because i'm using it only for inside my house. at such a close range, there's no chance of it destabilizing. if i miss, it'll just destabilize and dissipate even quicker than the M193 that fills the rest of my mags.

bass pro is having a sale right now on Q3131A, which is IMI M193 in commercial boxes. it's $2.88 a box, which is good. then if you go to galyan's (assuming you have a galyan's and bass pro in your area), show them the ad, they'll give you 10% off bass pro's price. clean them both out, galyan's first (if bass pro is out of stock, galyan's won't give you the discount). my friends and i cleaned out galyan's of their 5,000 rounds, then went to bass pro for the roughly 2,000 they had. i think we're going to hit both again soon if they get more in.

21. mrbill

mrbill New Member

in a drawer of my comp desk. Kel-Tec P11 loaded with Gold Dot Hollowpoints.

22. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

Sig P239 .40 loaded, cocked, hammer down in iwb holster.
    Sig P228 9mm loaded, cocked, hammer down in owb holster.
    Both are loaded with Gold Dots.

Both are in my handgun safe on the floor next to the bed.
    One is handle facing up, one is handle facing down in case my orrientation is fucked up.
    In between them are extra mags and my streamlight scorpion.

I left my AR in the trunk, but it'll move into the closet. It's got loaded mags, but it's in a padlocked case.

23. UrbanPoet

UrbanPoet New Member

some of you guys seeem kinda paranoid when it comes to guns... are you all gangsters or something...

24. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

That's a great point... considering this is a forum to discuss WEAPONS.

25. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Yeah I am from the Westside and I am bout to Bust a Cap in some avatarless Noob who goes into a gun forum and bashes guns