LGBT So Where Did You Get Your Fashion Sense?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Chopstick80, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Chopstick80

Chopstick80 New Member

Alright, well I'm really wouldn't say I'm into the whole metro lifestyle (to each their own), but one thing I know is that I need to dress in better clothes instead of just jeans and t-shirts all the time. My biggest problem, I have zero fashion sense. I don't really want to purchase high end stuff, just good, nice stuff. Like something I want to try to wear are Button-Up Shirts. Like if I wore a solid black button-up shirt with jeans, I can just wear black shoes right? Now what if I wore like khakis type pants, I can still wear black boots? or no? I have no sense :wtc:. Where did you guys gain your fashion sense? Are there websites I can visit that will "teach me"? I actually surfed some clothing websites and just looked at the models to see how they dressed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I actually learned from a bunch of metro friends of mine. Yeah, you can wear black shoes with a black shirt and jeans. Black boots with khakis? Not sure on that one.

3. coolchrisrm

coolchrisrm Because if I wear it any place else, it chafes.

if you are wearing black shoes with khakis, they should be very light khakis, preferably white khakis

just wear it, and look at it, it will seem odd, stand in front of a full length mirror, something will bother you about it

4. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

Metro Lifestyle? Tell me, good sir, what is there to the "metro lifestyle" that you find offputing enough to say "to each their own"?

5. Chopstick80

Chopstick80 New Member

Well, if a person wants to take care of themself in such a manner, then so be it. I just myself don't find it necessary to do such things as use cleansers, moisturizers, etc. I just wanted to learn to dress better then I do now. If I offended you by saying that, then I'm sorry.

6. Chopstick80

Chopstick80 New Member

I think that's one of my problems. When I look in the mirror sometimes, the fact of seeing myself in something different looks odd to me. Kinda like when you get a new haircut, looks odd at first. Maybe I just need to buy it and wear it around for a while till I get use to it?:dunno:

7. Redsky

I'm not offended, but so many people act like it's some movement that's absolutely out of the ordinary. Considering how long men have been taking care of their skin (longer than a year, in my case), the statement sounds ignorant.

The idea that you wouldn't use cleansers and protective moisturizers boggles my mind.

8. Chopstick80

Chopstick80 New Member

Well, I don't think it's a movement at all. I know guys have been doing it for a long time. When I was in H.S., we just use to call them "Pretty Boys". It's nothing new to me. Society for some reason decided to just classify it, why? I don't know. To my, how you take care of yourself is up to you. If you wanna do all those things like cleansers, etc., then go ahead. I just don't feel the need to unless I have to. It's all preference just like anything else. Like when I change the oil in my car. I use extra products like Motor Flush to get the engine extra clean inside, and give it extra time to drip clean and use fuel injector cleaners because I feel it helps. Now does everybody do that? No because they don't feel the need to. For some people, 10mins, in and out, they're done. They don't feel it's necessary to go through all those extra steps; just as I don't feel it's necessary to use all those products on my skin. My skin is soft and smooth enough as is. It's all preference.

9. Redsky

:cool: