SRS So, what's too old?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Schecter1277, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Schecter1277

Schecter1277 hi

I'm 19, she is 25; we definitly have something going. Unfortunatly, that does make her 6 years my senior, personally, and according to everyone else anyone +18 is free game. As adults it doesn't matter, the question I ask OTA is, do you think age is important in 2 independent people's relationship?

I have her website, and tried to pull a pic off, but the host she is using doesn't allow anyone to do that. And for her protection I'm not giving out her website, sorry guys :noes:

2. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

This isn't offtopic we don't require pics or we'll make fun of you and when you do we make fun of you just because. I bet she's a cutie, the age thing will make a difference, but maybe not.

She will most likely at that age have all her shit together and a clear goal of the future. She will most likely be very mature and proper with her own uniqueness. The problems that arise will probably reflect this difference. Doesn't mean you have to let it. Just don't let her feel like she is your mother or babysitter, or she will be gone before you know it. I know a girl who is only 3 years older than a guy and always felt this way, especially picking him up from school.

3. CreditMVP

CreditMVP Dr. Johnny Fever

absolutely nothing wrong with 25 and 19. i think anything > 10 years is cutting it close to "awkward" but not quite there yet even.

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i think its fine

5. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

not sure what you're worried about :dunno:

the only "rules" you should follow are
    - go with the flow
    - make a mess

6. JohnJohnJohnson

and don't break the law, i suppose :mamoru:

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

agewise, you're fine

Compatibility wise, due to being at different points in your life...well, guess you'll find out.

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Legally you're fine but there's a chance she'll get tired of you quickly since you'll be much farther behind her maturity wise. I'm 26 and I couldn't imagine dating someone under 21 (and even that seems too young). It would suck to go meet up with some friends at a bar and not even be able to bring your bf cause he's too young to get in.

9. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Great site you got here. :rolleyes:

10. Schecter1277

Schecter1277 hi

That's the the internet in general.

Well, we are both very goal oriented, and I think it will work. I've dated older before, I was 17, she was 19. I think it's a bigger step from highschool to college. She is going back to college for her theology(I believe) degree, which is how we met. She doesn't have a lot of dating experience while I do. In my head when I crunch the numbers we seem about square. But since this isn't OT

http://www.rachelvburgin.com/Site/Welcome.html

She will be anyone with freckles. On the home page she is the top right pic.

11. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

The internet is going to be full of assholes, hell I remember 10 years ago mIRC being as bad as offtopic lol.
    She is a cutie lol. Not that being hot has any real meaning in a relationship, it's an added bonus. I agree with MattThom01, that, this might be an issue, but who knows, you sound mature. I know I wasn't ready for a real relationship at that age, but it's good you are.

I wish you guys many happy years together.

12. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I think age-wise you guys are fine. It's a bit of a difference, but as you get older age difference doesn't matter as much. It's all about what you guys want. Go for it. :)

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its hard to find someone who you are compatible with in life, so i definitly would give it a try.

14. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I've dated many women that are 5-10 years older than me. It kinda bugged me at the time but they were some really awesome women and helped me mature a lot.

There are a lot of pluses to dating older women but everyone is different. If you enjoy her company and you're having fun, who gives a shit what everyone else thinks? If you need a "role model" in order to be OK with your choice, look at Ashton Kutcher....he married Demi Moore and she's like what 12-14 years older than him?

15. JohnJohnJohnson

could be one of the most meaningful things you do. was for my father.

16. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

I'm actually in the same dilemna. I'm 19, he's 34. Compatibility-wise we're great, but it is always that nagging age difference thought in the back of your head that makes things less than perfect. Not sure if it will work out, but at least I've learned a lot from him.