GUN so what's the current hotness in combat optics?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WhiskyDent, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskyDent

WhiskyDent Je l'ai fait tout pour le lols

2. Werm

Werm Guest

Aimpoint.

I'm assuming you're not comfortable with the eotech because it only has one optic. That results in a parallax affect, where the dot isn't where it will shot if you're not holding the rifle the same way you sighted it in. The aimpoint does not do that.

Basically you have to shoulder the eotech and hold it the exact same position each time. That's what you're suppose to do, but not everyone is a uber commando and don't care that much and doesn't run around shooting paper like they are in Iraq.

Edit: They're cheaper then trijicon sites like that, but that site you posted is good. The standard aimpoint for 1/2 the price isn't going to have magnification but it can be added and the end result in price is similar to the trijicon but you'll have two pieces on your rail Vs. just one.

3. johnson

johnson New Member

4. WhiskyDent

hard to say why I didn't like the eotech but it didn't click for me at all. having two pieces on the top rail makes me shit bricks but I may have to get over it

5. WhiskyDent

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

You could not be more wrong. Both the aimpoint and eotech have parallex withing 50 yards. Under 50 yards,the parallex is insignificant.

7. WhiskyDent

within 50 yards or under 50 yards? :confused:

8. Werm

Werm Guest

Not really bro, have you ever tried both? Not to mention it was designed to be parallax free :hsugh:

[y]UIKH5GLpL5g[/y]

9. Werm

Werm Guest

I was going to call him out about that... but he's just an idiot, don't listen to him. :mamoru:

10. johnson

johnson New Member

It's a 1-4x optic. :ugh:

11. WhiskyDent

sorry, meant it was too much tube.

problem is I'm having to balance the need to engage targets at medium distance with close quarters work as well. I can't snap to with a scope like that.

12. Werm

Werm Guest

It sounds like you want something more fast paced. You should always shoot with both eyes open, even with irons, because when shit hits the fan and you're under a lot of stress both of your eyes are going to be coming out of your head.

This is just my opinion but an aimpoint, with a magnifier on a pivot mount that can be moved out of the way, sounds best for you.

Like this, except in person looking through the site won't be that weird looking:

[y]T89QqLuZGfo[/y]

13. WhiskyDent

14. WhiskyDent

I'd like to see that thing go through a battle rattle first. But yeah, high speed is the name of the game.

15. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Uh its the same thing.

17. Werm

Werm Guest

WMD "gun crew" typical response.

Don't back up your objection, just call someone and idiot/laugh. :hsugh:

18. LancerV

"Aimpoint sights can be used with both eyes open, giving an unlimited field of view at any distance. Eye relief is unlimited, so the user's eye position behind the sight does not affect how well the target or the aiming point can be seen. Aimpoint sights also utilize a double lens system, making the sight parallax-free, which means that no matter where on the sight lens the red dot is reflected, the user's point of aim will be the point of impact, so long as the distance is over 50 yards."

Straight from aimpoint meaning the aimpoint does have parallax, and the eotech has no parallax after 22yds and 0-25yds it will only be off by around 3/4" vs the aimpoint being off closer to 1" from 0-50yds

19. LancerV

EoTechs reticle is better also than aimpoints dot

20. Werm

Werm Guest

I don't think you understand what parallax is you moron.

If you have the sight mounted 2 inches above the bore line and sight the rifle in at 50+ yards of course it's going to shoot high at 20 yards. That has nothing to do with parallax. In fact they even say it's parallax free.

Explain to us what parallax is and why the aimpoint has it sub 50 yards please. :hsugh:

21. LancerV

:ugh:

Im talking about with a laser boresight asshole unless lasers go up and down to with yards

OMG a company said something it must be trueeeeeee

22. Werm

Werm Guest

Laser boresight, real bullets, either way it's going to end up in the same place.

Since you think I'm wrong explain what parallax is and how being closer to the target would effect it. :hsugh:

23. LancerV

So heres the test take laser boresight zero it 50yds put laser dot on red dot

Move closer and the laser dot will be off by 1-2" by the time you get to zero yards

Take eotech do the same thing and the laser will be on target tell around 25yds

24. LancerV

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lasers have ballistics drop now :bowrofl:

25. Werm

Werm Guest

Are we not talking about within 50 yards still?

How much drop happens on a typical round, lets say the military uses, within 50 yards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.