MMA so whats next for the lhw division

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, May 26, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Whos next in line after the forest vs rampage fight? It seems as if all of the title contenders have managed to beat themselves out of contention. Really theres five guys that can go for the title but they all have something holding them down that would keep them from fighting for the title.

Machida - just beat tito ortiz and his name is out there but they might want to give him one more fight before a title shot.

Wandy - beat jackson twice already but he has just come back from a three fight losing streak and needs to get some wins under his belt before he can challenge for the title.

Lidell - Just had two consecutive losses one to jardine and one to rampage so he needs another big win and maybee even a fight with jardine before he can challenge again.

Shogun - been inactive due to injury and he needs at least one big fight before he can challenge for the title after losing to forest.

Rashad - needs to fight a big name and win before he can contend pulled off a tie against tito which is his biggest fight.

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

machida, then liddell, then wandy, then whoever. Ex Chute Boxe guys are gonna be charging after that title soon.

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

thiago silva imo

4. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

that would be the most logical match up

5. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

but it's the ufc

6. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

in for Machida beating chuck. I don't want chuck in the title scene to be honest.

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah thats one of the things I was thinking about I dont think they will do it though. They are trying to make the chuck shogun thing happen to hard so I think chuck is gonna face off against shogun for his next fight and then who every wins will fight for the title.

I can see them putting machida up against wandy but I wouldnt want to see that match happen just yet I would like to see it happen as a title match.

8. damiand

damiand Proceed

Its pretty obvious they wanted Shogun to fight for the title... Too bad Griffin went and got good.

9. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

I don't hate machida, but i don't want to see him as champion. Getting a decision win over chuck or wandy wouldn't change my mind either. He's gotta put a beating on a top fighter or finish them before he gets his shot. Its a business and machida in 5 round fights doesn't sound appealing.

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

agreed he would break them down and take them out in round 4 or 5. the way he fights is built to go for the long haul but he can finish with his submitions when he has the oppertunity

11. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

Machida deserves the next title shot (maybe not cuz he's not famous nor popular)

12. Kuet

Kuet New Member

he was Arnold Schwarzenegger to soko's predator :dunno: finished him there.

13. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Everyone gets more finishes in 5 rounds. I just think that machida can impose his strategy and push many fights to the 5 round limit should he want to do so.

I really can't hypothesize about tito lasting more than 3 rounds in that fight. They trained for a 3 round fight and came in with a 3 round strategy.

14. thatguy

thatguy New Member

Maybe they'll have Hendo vs Wandy again.

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

no

16. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

The LHW is so full of talent now, that list is only the tip of the iceberg. I don't really care about who is in line for title shots, im just psyched at the prospect of great match ups.

17. RMarks

RMarks New Member

This is the list from UFC of their 205ers, There are probably a few that are missing. There are a lot of good fights left in this grouping, I would hope they'd find a few more top grapplers to throw into the mix.

Alexander Houston 8-1-0
    Boetsch Tim 7-1-0
    Bonnar Stephan 14-4-0
    Cane Luiz 8-1-0
    Drwal Tomasz 14-1-0
    Evans Rashad 16-0-1
    Gouveia Wilson 10-4-0
    Griffin Forrest 15-4-0
    Hamill Matt 5-1-0
    Irvin James 14-4-1
    Jackson Quinton 27-6-0
    Jardine Keith 13-4-1
    Lambert Jason 23-7-0
    Lee James 25-3-0
    Liddell Chuck 21-5-0
    Machida Lyoto 12-0-0
    Mendes Antonio 14-2-0
    Nakamura Kazuhiro 11-7-0
    Reljic Goran 7-0-0
    Rua Mauricio 16-3-0
    Schafer Eric 9-3-2
    Silva Wanderlei 31-8-1
    Silva Thiago 11-0-0
    Sokoudjou Rameau 4-2-0

18. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Machida will be able to beat a lot of people with his style, but I don't think Rampage is one of those people, so lets hold off on this champion talk for a while.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  19. Bragasaurus

Bragasaurus New Member

machida v silva next makes sense, probably a chuck v jardine 2, given that chuck is on his way back up and keith is on the way down. soko really needs to get some good fights under his belt before he's in the running imo, maybe take on mendes. dunno where the fuck rashad fits in, but that's because i don't like him and don't need to include him in my every day life. actually, now that i think about it, rashad and wandy could be awesome.

20. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

I agree, I think Rampage definitely has the best chance at beating Machida out of everyone at LHW.

Machida vs. Chuck would be the logical thing but I think they want chuck to get an easy title shot since hes so popular. Chuck in the main event always sells mad PPVs.

I'm pretty sure Machida would tool chuck, and it wouldnt be a very exciting fight (and this is coming from someone who finds machidas style very entertaining) since they both have a counter-striking style. It'd probably be similar to Chuck Vs. Jardine except with no knockdowns at all.

21. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

Machida vs Chuck would quite possibly be the most boring fight in UFC history...

22. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Keith Jardine is probably gonna fight Shogun next and beat him, then in his match after that lose to Terry Martin in a minute

23. Bear Fight

Bear Fight New Member

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't know why anyone would want to watch to counter punchers fight each other.

24. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

Machida should fight the winner of Rampage/Griffin.

Rashad evans could fall off the face of the earth for all I care, but I think him vs. Shogun would be a good test for him. If shogun wasn't on roids in PRIDE and it was some broken knee/foot.back or whatever, Shogun shouldn't have a problem. IF evans beats him he gets the title shot after machida.

Wanderlei should fight twice before he gets a shot, a cannish type person, and someone decent. Soko hasn't convinced me with his win over somerandomdudetheufcpickedup. So a Soko Wandy fight would be interesting. They could also feed him someone crappy like Elvis "King of Showcase fights" SInosic.

Chuck needs to fight someone with a good name whos going to drop easy to him. IMO, Chuck should fight Soko. It won't be an easy fight, but I think its a good fight. Soko is good enough that he'll present a challenge, but I think a good striker like chuck can pick him apart. Especially of Soko decides to stand, look at what Machida did to him, and Chuck hits harder, if not a little less accurate.

25. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

machida vs liddell makes the most sense to me. evans is too boring to me.