So what's happening after Christmas?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deusexaethera, Jun 22, 2007.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I've seen people say on various websites that people should hold off until after Christmas to buy new computers. What's the deal? Is there some new tech coming out, or is there expected to be a price break or something?

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Probably another Intel price cut. Or maybe their next gen stuff is due out...

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

:rolleyes: Yeah...that's what I was asking about...

4. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Hey, somebody has to bump these creative threads...
    :squint:

5. ady

ady New Member

Some sources claimed that Intel pushed back 45nm desktop processors until Q1 2008, same with mobile processors. With only Xeons comming in 2007. However other sources claim that desktop processors are still comming this year. There is alot of conflicting information, misquoting, misnaming and both educated and uneducated guesses going on in regards to Intel's penryn based processors in the tech media at the moment. You'll know closer to the time when the right time to buy is.

6. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

the new motherboards sporting the P35 chipset are now available, and the even newer X38 chipset will be available from Intel within the next month or 2. Both have full support for the 45nm cpu's including the 1333mhz fsb quad core chips and support for faster ddr2 and the new ddr3 ram. There's an asus board out now that works with ddr3 only and a gigabyte board that works with both ddr2 and ddr3 ram.
    What's coming for the fall, damned if I know. I know that ddr3 ram is currently really expensive, and the ram manufacturers are only estimating to have 200,000 workable sticks available by the end of this year, so hopefully early next year it will become more available and cheaper, because as it stands, $450 for 2gb of ram is a bit on the expensive side.