SRS So what would you do ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PharCyde, Jul 8, 2007.

1. PharCyde

PharCyde New Member

Background:
    I went to a major university right out of high school and pretty much spent the 2 years I was there partying... screwed up and quit. Took a break from school and worked. I finally went back but just to comm college to get something higher than a diploma.

Problem:
    Well right now I'm in a little situation with school. I got a job here for the summer in Raleigh doing something in my field. I'm learning things related to my major and its a good first job. But if I stay here I have to go to school for another 2, possibly 2 1/2 years because there program is different. I love it here, I'm having a blast and all my friends are here.

But if I go back home I can finish in 1 year. I'm so sick of school and its taking me such a damn long time to get a freakin' associates degree I really don't want to be in school another 2 years for just that. On top of that I pretty much only have 2 friends back home now and HATE it there. I want to finish up school quick so I can get a better job and possibly go back to a university. Contemplating maybe Air Force.

so in the end its either:
    A) Stay in Raleigh... okay job, friends, finish school in 2 - 2 1/2 years
    B) Go back home... look for a job, no friends, finish school in 1 year

I just can't come to a conclusion

2. Ozi

Ozi Active Member

um. a.

3. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Do them both. Stay in Raleigh, continue to party, fail out of Community College (that would be a real accomplishment), then you'll have to go home and look for a job and have no friends......except those you meet in the Community Service Program.

See, anything is possible.....the best of both worlds.

4. PharCyde

PharCyde New Member

BRILLIANT!

Another thing is I really only party on the weekends now, so I could just drive up here and hang out with my friends. Except I drive a POS jeep that kills me on gas money

5. kaitagsd

kaitagsd New Member

6. Trigger Happy

Trigger Happy OT Supporter

a definatley.

7. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

A

Trust us, school is important. You really don't want to be in the position of kicking yourself for not having gone to school when you had the chance to.