So what to do

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ilduce, Jun 12, 2008.

1. ilduce

ilduce New Member

This past Monday a good friend of mine introduced me (she was trying to get us to meet) to a friend of hers while we were at this small get together that was taking place at local sports bar. I knew almost all of the people there so I was talking a bit with everyone but most of the night I spent with my friend and the girl she invited there. Well anyway I was into her friend enough to get her number and call her. I spoke to her for a few minutes Monday night and we made arrangements to meet up on Sunday (she works 2 jobs and is in school and Saturday is her birthday and Im going to be out of town so this was the first open time for both of us). My question is between now and Sunday (Im going to call and wish her a happy birthday on saturday and make sure everything is a go for sunday) is there anything I should do as far as calling to talk a bit? I only met her once this past Monday so Sunday will be our first time doing anything.

2. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

You already have the date set up, so I wouldn't do a thing. I would call or text her for her birthday like you said, but the whole point of phone calls is to set up real-life meetings. Since you have that done already, mission accomplished. Call her for her birthday and go in for the kill on Sunday.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Call her for her birthday and to confirm for Sunday, but don't push a conversation unless she starts one. Even if she does-don't make it long, that's what the date is for.

4. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

:h5:Go Vag! Problem solved in 2 posts!

5. aaarn

aaarn New Member

I would just text her on her birthday. Something along the lines of "Happy Birthday. Hope you have fun. See you tomorrow"

6. iwishyouwerebeer

I disagree. Call her.

Texting she'll possibly overlook and it's far less personable. Come on, it's her birthday! She'll be touched if you call her.

7. ilduce

ilduce New Member

Thanks for the advice. I figured that just calling on Saturday was going to be the best plan of attack but my good friend seemed to think I should call her.

8. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

what does your friend want you to do when you call her? chat for a while?

9. knucks

knucks Active Member

Those are exactly my thoughts right now. The girl I'm seeing tomorrow IM'd me last night and I was trying so hard to keep the conversation short, without being rude, to have more stuff to talk about tomorrow :hs:

10. knucks

knucks Active Member

I agree. If you call her to wish her a happy birthday she'll be pleasantly surprised you remembered that even though you just met her.

11. ilduce

ilduce New Member

To be honest Im not sure what my friend wants. I think she just finds it a bit weird but she doesnt have a ton of dating experience so Im going to stick with the call on Saturday for the birthday and then on to Sunday.

Thanks again VC!

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I'll bet $100 that she doesn't take a call from him on her birthday (assuming the b-day is Saturday).

Better go ahead and plan out what you want to leave on the voicemail.

Personally I wouldn't call at all. Don't give her an "out" to flake.

If she's gonna stand you up, make her do it the old-fashioned way. If you call to confirm, something may have suddenly "come up."

13. iwishyouwerebeer

:dunno: Who cares?

Edit: I'll take that bet.

14. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

sounds like a good plan! enjoy your date :)

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

He's gonna see her Sunday, why call Saturday?

If he's gonna call to confirm (which I don't recommend), he should have already done it, or do it today.

How do we verify who wins the bet?

16. iwishyouwerebeer

If I just met a guy, set a date with him and he still called me the day before our date to happily say "happy birthday!" and confirm we were still on I'd be ecstatic!

And we shall wait for ilduce's update I guess.

17. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I agree with Yail's thinking. If her birthday is Saturday, and the date is already setup for Sunday, do not call her. Wait to see her on Sunday and then wish her a happy birthday. IMHO calling the day before the date to confirm just seems needy. If she is interested she will show up for the date. If she flakes out then she isn't interested and he needs to call her out on her flakiness, express his disappointment and move on.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

It's Thursday. If I set up a date with a guy (showing him I'm interested) on Monday and he didn't call me any day during that WHOLE week, not even on my birthday that Saturday I'd probably not show at the date because I'd think he was an asshole who wasn't interested in me.

19. ilduce

ilduce New Member

lulz I will let you guys know what happens as to who wins the bet. I do plan on calling Saturday just to say Happy Birthday but the conversation will be very brief.

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

ordinarily i would expect her to not take his call on saturday but with the birthday factored in i think that increases the chance she will answer because she knows she going to get more birthday attention

21. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I want this guy to succeed, not fail. The date has been setup, calling in between that time just makes it seem like he doesn't have a life and is needy. He needs to play hard to get and present himself as the prize to this girl. He showed interest by setting up the date in the first place. Too much interest will just turn her off. But maybe Yail's right, maybe because it is her birthday she will be more accepting of extra attention.

22. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

him calling to say happy birthday helps him succeed. it does not make him fail. i dont see why she wouldnt answer the phone on her birthday unless she did not hear her phone ring. him calling to say happy birthday is a good sign to her, not a bad one

23. Vysion

Vysion New Member

The point is he doesn't want to come across as desperate and needy too early in the friendship.

24. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i agree. but calling to say happy birthday does not give off that impression at all. he was asking if that was a good idea, i said yes.

if he was trying to call every day this week to "chat" that would be a different story

25. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I was just making sure that everyone thought it was a good idea to not call because in my mind it wasnt except on Saturday to say a quick happy birthday. I would have to agree that if I tried to call a bunch between when I made the date (monday) and Sunday that would be counter productive.