LGBT So what the fuck is going on between my best friend and I

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by bioyuki, Apr 9, 2005.

1. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

So my best friend lost a big election today and we wentt out to the bar t ohave some drinks tonight. I'm pretty shit faced. Hes a really cool guy and if he wasn't my best friedend and future roommate I'd sleep wit hhim hin a second.

Anyways, he's joked about us getting drunk and him being curious na dn us lseeping together before but I always laughed it off and stuff. Anyways he was getting out of the car today after all the drinkiing cause he was meeting up with his GF. He gav eme a big hug and everything was cool and then he licked my cheek. Like right infront of his GF. :wtf:. I got back in and all my friends and stuff were like, "Dude you guys are so gonna sleep togheter next year":

Anyways, what the hell is going on, I feel like I'm stuck in the classic gay man's dilemma that I like my best friend for all the normal reasons but I also like him a little bit on top of that. He really is my best friend and i don't want to jeporidze that in anyway. What the hell do i do?

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...again, next year is gonna be very interesting for you. And sad.

3. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

See, that's exactly what I don't want. I don't give a fuck if its interesting, college is all about finding yourself and expeirencing new things. Biut I dont' want it to be said. Barry is one of my best friends andthat's something that I don't want to fuck u p and lose, but at the same time its like, our relationship and dynamic is what it is because no subject is taboo and we share everything with each other.'

Do I bring up what happened tonight or do I just let it slide?

4. CoCo

Well, first you need to recognize what your expectations are in this situation. I know how easy it is for us to just sit back, relax, and go with the flow...but that can be emotionally painful in situation like this.

You seem to be painting the picture that you guys have no real conversational blocks, and if that really is true, why do you question bringing this us to him in the light of day and sobriety? My question would have been HOW to bring it up, without making it seem too loaded.

5. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Its gotten to the point where I do feel like I have to bring it up and I was talkign with my other friend abotu tit tonight. Do I joke about it or do I kinda ask thim to rto seee if ihe even remembers that it happened?

And for my expectations...well if everyting went according to plan then he'd be gay, we'd fall in love, etc. But that's not the real world and the fact is that he isn't. I just wish I didnt' lik ehim i nthat way and he didnd't send out fucking mixed singals so we could jsut be good friends and that's it.

6. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Fuck you're right but at the same time, "In vino veritas"

I'm fucking confused.

7. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

He speaks the truth. He's probably just messing around. My friends do it all the time, especially when they're drunk: slapping each others asses and the occasional kiss on the cheek :hsugh:. Doesn't mean it doesn't stir the imagination, but he's probably not aware that he may be leading you on.

8. CoCo

...I don't know about not meaning it. The whole inebriation causing lowered inhibitions thing, you know ;) . But it is possible that what you think it means isn't what he thinks it means. And that can be just as painful.

9. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Google motherfucker.

anyways i'm not gonna actively go for it, i've learned this lesson before. what i'm concerned with is what if he brings it up and goes after it...what the hell do i do then?

10. CoCo

...just what I was saying, this is possible. But it is my experience that these 'friendships' can lead to some fun experimental times. However, I never had long-term thoughts/goals for any of those situations (but one--and I wouldn't recommend that. It was my ex, 3 years long, and one of the most painful things I've experienced. He's the guy that I write about, referred to as 'HIM', 'HE', and such.

11. cedric

You're right. If you're living with this guy, next year is gonna be very interesting for you. I'd love to tell you not to do anything you're going to regret, but that'd be kinda pointless.

12. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Fucking A, Rob, you're right but at the same time i feel like I'm never taking a risk and going out on a limb. I'm not going to acitvely pursue this, but what if he does. What do I do then?

He's the type of guy that even when he's sober he's joking around with me, grabbing my ass and what not, him licking me is just kinda taking th ewhole damnthing to the next level. Shit.

13. cedric

Best thing I can think of right now would be to not actively pursue anything. However, if you're living with him next year, whatever you two are flirting with will inevitably come out. I hope for your sake that it turns out for the best.

Just wondering, is there any hope that this guy is actually gay and not just a little curious? Because it'd be a really shitty thing to lose a close friend because of a little experimentation.

14. CoCo

...maybe. Or, maybe in a supportive environment, such tendencies would be cultivated. Who knows. Either way, I've always said that if he has any long-term goals and aspirations for this situation OTHER than just a friendship, it's just too time-consuming and potentially painful to pursue. But, I'm probably just jaded because of how that turned out for me (although he and I are still friends).

15. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

:rofl: i still can't belive you got that piereced dude

You're right, I'm gonna go pass the fuck out right now and see what happens tomorrow. fuck i'm suposed to go see sincity with him tomrrow.

16. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Exactly. I honestlying think some shit will go down next year but is it worth the damn risk?

17. CoCo

...Ferron, Taylor, and I just went to go see that. Niiiiice. :bigthumb:

Side note: I now want my very own entourage of kick ass hoes. Oh, wait...I already do.

18. cedric

I'd say no, but it's really hard to deny those kinds of feelings. I mean, who among us hasn't had that fantasy that one of our best friends comes out to us and decides that he wants something more than friendship? I've almost done some stupid shit myself, but I stopped before it could blow up in my face. :hs: I could tell you stories...

19. cedric

:typer: we know you've had thoughts about teh hot man sex before. You're in here waaay too much to not have had such thoughts. :fawk:

20. CoCo

:mamoru:

21. CoCo

...even we are fond of breasts. ;)

22. cedric

:werd: one of the reasons I'm glad girls do nothing for me. Their stupid drama fucks everything up. I'd say that maybe 10% of guys I know are in good relationships where the girl's actually secure enough with herself to not be more trouble than she's worth.

Although I will say this. There are some hot women out there. Case and point, I was watching a special on these Victoria's Secret models: Adrianna Lima, Giselle Bundchen and Alessandra Ambrosio :eek3:. I couldn't stop watching because it was hard to believe that girls, let alone people that beautiful existed. You never see em on the streets. I gotta visit Brazil one of these days.

23. CoCo

OMG, yes. My boifriend and I were just talking about them...

24. CoCo

...and then, airbrushed to perfection.

25. cedric

I'd go just to people watch and visit somewhere new. :wiggle: