So what makes someone cheat?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by enigmatic, Jul 13, 2008.

1. enigmatic

enigmatic Guest

There are a lot of cheating threads lately. I'm sure that the majority of relationships only face cheating if the other one is unhappy in the relationship.

Still, from a man who is in a very solid relationship, everyone may be a bit "nervous".

So, ladies, what makes you cheat?

For a guy - I believe a guy purely would do it if he was never committed wholely to the relationship. These signs can be early on by how he acts, especially if he's glancing at other women a lot. Knowing if he is too comfortable with another woman is a big indicator, and if less time is being spent with you.

In short, a guy will cheat because he's looking for steady "ass" from his relationship.

2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

From what I have seen in person, people get drunk, have a sexual attraction, and with their judgment impaired go hookup.

3. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

4. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Can't control their sexual urges and place them above their or their partner's emotional needs.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So you're saying women don't need a reason to cheat? :mamoru:

Kidding.

6. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I think it's generally opportunity + weakness.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

People can cheat for many reasons:

- because they're emotionally unfulfilled in their relationship
    - because they're sexually unfulfilled in their relationship
    - because they meet someone who triggers their attraction switches more than their SO
    - because they meet someone who triggers their attraction switches less than their SO yet they have no concept of loyalty
    - boredom
    - the thrill of seeing if they can get away with it
    - to force an end to a relationship that they are too weak to end on their own ("i cheated on you now we have to break up" vs. "I want to break up with you but I don't want to hurt your feelings")
    - physical attraction (maybe a guy is married to a chick with small boobs and has never been with a chick with huge boobs yet the opportunity presents itself on a business trip, or a chick who wants to fuck a black guy just once to see what it's like and the opportunity presents itself)
    - because the person is too immature to be in a relationship (aka "oops I drank too much and couldn't control myself")

These can apply to men and women.

8. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Never an excuse.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Which is why I said those people are too immature to be in relationships in the first place.

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I believe generally its

Desire+opportunity+low chance of being caught.

11. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Active Member

because its fun

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I really don't think it's a hard subject to understand.

People who are not really interested in their SO meet someone new (or sometimes even an old fling or crush) who appears more interesting/attractive on the surface.

Why do people who have been in long term relationships cheat? Because when you don't actually know the person who is intriguing you you don't know their flaws. Everyone seems great on the surface when you don't actually know them.

When people are unhappy in their current relationship and too spineless to just break it off they think "why not get my kicks with him/her?"

13. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

Habitually? Insecurity...

One time thing? Could be a lot of things.

14. Camelot

Camelot New Member

Some people don't have the guts to break up with their significant others so they go out and cheat on them so they can go back and tell those SO what they did in the hopes of getting dumped. I don't know why it's easier for some people to say "you can do so much better than me, look what I did" than look their partners in the eyes and just plain out tell them they're not happy and they want out. But I guess whatever you can do to minimize your guilt, I guess.

15. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

I started talking to an old fling when I was married because my exwife didn't feel that sex was emotional for us. I always have thought sex between two people can form a very strong emotional bond but she didn't feel the same. She had a really rough sexual past and wanted to ignore it and hide it from me than rather see a therapist and be open about it with me. She never wanted to have sex with me and just wanted to "cuddle" on the couch. After doing things her way and trying to be patient and loving I got irritated, frustrated and impatient after a few months because she never changed. She never wanted to have sex and would always cock tease me with flirting and dirty talk then brush me away when I started to kiss her and touch her.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  16. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Because they can.

17. LinuxRacr

LinuxRacr New Member

This post is priceless!!

18. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

pretty much all the reasons i've seen and I'm sure there are a million others.

19. knucks

knucks Active Member

20. Vysion

Vysion New Member

In general men cheat for sexual reasons. And women cheat for emotional reasons.

Which makes a lot of sense. I saw a TV show on the psychology of men and women and they were doing MRI's on the brains of men and women and they typically found that men have little to no activity in there emotional areas of their brains while women have huge amounts of activity there. Men just don't supply women with enough emotionalness that they are looking for. Which leads to women not wanting to have sex with their man, because for women that emotional connection needs to be there for them to want to have sex with them. So either the guy goes looking for more sex elsewhere, or the woman goes looking to fill that emotional gap with someone else.

21. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Millions of years of evolution.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So the woman goes and fucks the outlaw biker with forearm tattoos because her husband doesn't meet her emotional needs? Yeah, like the biker is really going to be concerned with her emotional needs :ugh:

23. brokengold

brokengold New Member

this is very true

24. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

I think people have affairs when they are unhappy with their relationship (overall). I think people have "hook-ups" or "one night stands" when they aren't satisfied sexually in their relationship.

Some people are 100% happy in every aspect of their relationship EXCEPT the bedroom. These people are more likely to have the booty call type infidelity...on the other hand people who just can't stand their spouse but stay together for whatever reason (money, kids, family pressures, etc.) are more likely to have full blown affairs.

Just my $0.02