SRS So, what is happiness? (something I wrote myself)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Xin, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]So, what is happiness anyways?

Well it can be anything really. To me happiness comes in the form of another loved one being near. To know that you have people in your life that would do anything in their power to make sure you are ok. To make your parents proud. To know that you are looked up to, and that you've made decisions that have positively affected others. Those are a good few examples of what happiness is to me.

None of those things may be happiness to you. You might be a crackhead for all I know, so happiness may come in the form of a small white rock to get you by another day. That's all we're really doing, though, isn't it? Just making it through another day. How you do it is up to you. I prefer to do it as happy as I can, but circumstances will always arrise that cause my level of happiness to be at all time low's every now and again. It's life. You can't avoid it. Those circumstances don't define you as a person. How you get through them and continue doesn't either, however, it does show your character, and personal strength.

I am not proud of how I handle certain circumstances. I go about it very irrationally, without patience, and I do and say everything I know I shouldn't mixed in with the things I geniunely mean...I'm hard to decipher at times, but it's understandable right? Something caused a disruption in my happiness...I'm going to do whatever I can as quickly and as selfish as possible to try and get back to being happy.

I'm coming to find that you can't rush through some of the things that disrupt your happiness. You need them. You need to let them consume you whole, and when it's overwith, you may of gained a new perspective on things for the better. I wish I could take my own advice for the most part. I think I'd be more of who I wish I was now. I get lost in all the distractions and mundane everyday life and I lose track of just what I'm striving to be, but when these times I'm at my unhappiest allow me to finally focus on it, I ironically try to push them away as quickly as possible without a thing learned.

Back to my original question...what is happiness?

I think the answer is inside each and everyone of us. If we could learn to just exist. Not try to constantly change our situation, but embrace what we were given. Not to look around for a way out, but to make a home on the ground our two feet stand on. We constantly look for quick fixes and ways out, thinking the next impulse decision will make us happier than the last.....it becomes a spiral of unsatisfaction I believe. Don't try to be this, don't try to be that. Just strive to just be......

We constantly look for other people to help us. Other places to aid us. Other lives to involve ourselves with to distract us. I think we as a people should learn that we don't need to escape our entire situations when we are feeling lost or confused. We just need to escape our minds for a bit. Go for a few more walks a week. Lay down and put on some relaxing, serene music a few more hours a month. Get out of your head, and dive into your deepest inner emotions. There's a difference between what the heart and brain feels. The more confused you are, the less you want your brain to be involved. Relax. Take some deep breaths. You will make it to where you want to go, no matter where you are as long as you don't lose sight....follow your heart. It has no mental barriers. It has no self defense mechanisms that go up without your control. That is all your brain's doing. Don't let your mind take full control.

[/FONT]

2. Amberlk3

Amberlk3 Made in Germany

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  3. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

^^ nerd :love:

4. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Yeah this isn't the main forum..thanks though.

5. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Good post Chris.

6. WOMBUZZ

WOMBUZZ New Member

when i skimmed it I thought it sucked, then I actually read a few of your sentences and I wholeheartedly agree

:hi5:

7. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

:h5:

8. mofo

mofo New Member

Yes, that was indeed nice. Thanks.

9. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Thank you, and you're welcome.