So what if you're exactly the opposite of "too available"?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BlazinBlazer Guy, Mar 18, 2008.

1. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

We all keep reading and talking about how it's bad to be "too available" in a relationship, but how do you deal with it if you're not available enough?

The reason I ask is that right now I'm working a regular 40-hour per week job (which honestly ends up at ~50 hours a week after all the overtime I put in) and my work hours are from 12PM-8PM, I rarely ever leave work until ~10PM. I have Sundays and Mondays off work. Whenever I'm not at work, I seem to always end up being busy with other things that come up since I also run a side business and take on other work as much as I feel like doing it.

With that said, I've kind of been hesitant to even bother looking for anyone to date or have a relationship with because once we got past that "one date a week" stage, I would have a hard time devoting much more to it. How do/would you guys deal with a situation like this? I know I can cut back on any extra work I do, and probably can get away with putting in less overtime gradually, but I still have odd work hours that make it hard to do much socially (usually after work I'm burned out and need at least a few hours to "perk up" again so I can go do stuff).

I think my main issue is thinking not many girls/women are going to have a similar work schedule, and that my days off are about the worst possible for doing some kinds of fun activities. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but it seems like it makes having a social life very difficult.

:hsd:

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Find your personal priorities. Everyone in life is good in a balance.

You know were gonna tell you, you have to sacrifice to gain something else. I guess I'm just here telling you if you want a relationship you'll have to sacrifice something your doing now for it. I'd say still go for it. You can find a women thats should be understanding of your situation.

3. Vysion

Vysion New Member

QFE :bowdown: :cool:

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

start playing WoW. if you need something to consume more of your time

LOL (i dont play)

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Even if both people are really busy, they can make it work somehow if they both want to.

If both people want it enough, they can accept the limitations on time, at least for awhile.

6. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

what is it that you do that has these odd hours?

7. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i work 50-52 hours a week on average. have a gf and everything is fine here. i work 7:30 am to 6 PM, and have time in the evenings to hang out with her. plus have sat and sundays off so it works out great. you can def make it work. you just might be too tired to do anything after work but coming home to a sexy gf will always wake you up.

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

See, that's the big difference, though. I'd do fine if I were getting out of work at 6, since I'd then have time to relax a bit and be ready to roll again by 7:30-8:00. It would definitely be easier than the way things are now...

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

I work in tech support for a large company, and am part of a newly-formed and fast-growing division that demands a lot of time/energy. Basically I'm one of ~6 people in a company with well over 100 employees who do the job I do :noes:

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeh... it's a sad day when you start putting money in front of the one you love priority wise.

i've noticed this trend in my own life, and have taken steps to scale back my hours so i can spend some real time with my bf. we have totally different schedules, sure, but what's more important?

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

There are plenty of people who don't work 9-5 schedules. It's 8am and I'm about to go to bed :o Sounds to me like you are just using that as an excuse not to meet new women :dunno: You are worrying about something that hasn't even happened yet. Start dating someone and THEN worry about how to find time to see each other.

12. BlazinBlazer Guy

:werd: I absolutely agree; I'm certainly not putting money in front of anything, because I'm hardly hurting for it, but I think I AM putting work in front of other things to an extent -- I have too much of that "If there's work there needing to be done and nobody else can/will do it, I will" attitude. :hs:

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

Yeah but the problem becomes where to even find them... :dunno:

14. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

The same places you find any other chicks. There's gotta be some late night or 24 hour places in your area (coffee shops, restaurants, bars, etc)