So what does it mean when...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Gonrad, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

...after only 3 days of telling my g/f that I can't be with her, she has a date lined up already for this Sunday? :eek3: (She tells me she is going with a bunch of her friends along with this guy - That kind of made me feel better but still upset nonetheless).

The reason was family/cultural/religious clash that I just knew wouldn't work out in the end so I wanted to avoid the heartache and time and just let her know it wasn't gonna work. It was almost like my family kind of pressured me into doing this (my family never spoke about it just made the situation really uncomfortable - kinda hard to describe in too few words).

I mean, I could have lied and made up some silly excuse but I owed it to her because I wanted to at least remain friends once everything cools down.

I almost think sooner or later she will break down, but I kind of have faith that she has gotten stronger emotionally while with me and she'll overcome this with pride.

Discuss...

Cliffs: Broke up with g/f because I felt indirect pressure from my family about the whole interracial situation. She was asked out on a date 3 days after I broke up and she accepted. It's not a date date, but as she tells me she is going with a bunch of friends so it isn't anything serious.

2. AUshock

AUshock Guest

you chose family over her. she's doing what she needs to do to feel better about it. i don't think you can really blame her.

honestly i think you made a mistake. Breaking up should be 100% your decision, not what your family thinks you should do.

She is likely quite hurt that you did what your family wanted you to do and broke up with her for something she cannot help. Honestly, i don't blame her.

3. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

My family didn't sit down and tell me I need to break up with her.

I think it was just some sorta indirect pressure. I dunno.

I felt I should just come clean and walk away and not just lead her on knowing in myself that it wasn't going to work.

Because I tried. I tried to remind myself it would work and I'd be happy and then the next day it'd all come back and make me realize it just wasn't going to work.

I really hope she finds happiness that she couldn't find with me. Because I knew she was very happy with me and I think my reason for the breakup has to be the most cowadly or silliest excuse (basically I blamed others and not myself).

4. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

:werd:

5. KelKel

KelKel New Member

means she already had a date lined up before she broke up with you...

6. KelKel

KelKel New Member

also, what do you expect her to do?

7. 900stunna

900stunna Guest

When someone other than yourself makes your life decisions, consider yourself owned.

8. KelKel

KelKel New Member

exactly, i would've told my parents to fuck off. be a man

9. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

She might just already have a date to just make you jealous and make you feel bad and and she's trying to get you to make you want her back.

Don't give in!

10. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

I knew the relationship wasn't really going anywhere...before I started even feeling the pressure from the parents.

The parent thing was just pressure to just give up and stop trying to make things peachy...

I don't. I just didn't think this relationship was mean't to be anything other then just 'friends.'

11. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

OK than, cool. As long as you know that you'll be good.

12. Penny1484

Penny1484 cute but kind of evil

you broke up with her. caring over what she is doing and who she is doing it with is a waste of your time and effort.u ended it, now live with it.