A&P So what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Azazel28, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Do not be too harsh, but this is my first time ever using flash and I created a very "rough" website. It is still under construction, and will be done shortly.

The project is basically for school and we had to create a website which reflex ourselves.

So this is it: http://members.cox.net/preditor28/Flash%20Site/TreeGrow.html
    :x::x:

2. phobium

phobium New Member

I like it, maybe just make the links (the text that appear in the top left corner) more obvious.

3. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Yea I was thinking about just upping the text side

4. Mighty_Zeus

Mighty_Zeus Guest

Absolute Center teh Flash box. I am on 1600x1200 and it looks like poo way up in the left corner. And yeah, Link names Bigger/more noticable.

Other than that. Really neat design :cool:

5. CombatWombat

CombatWombat oh shit, zombies bro

Same goes for 1650*1050, center it, will look the shiz-wack.

6. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Yes I it will be centered of course, plus I am making an image to go in the background on html with photoshop.

7. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I hate websites with music.

As soon as the music started, I closed it.

It's especially painful if you usually have music playing and the speakers are turned on, then you click on a website and unexpectedly get some loud ass sound coming from your speakers.

Scared the shit out of my dog.

8. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

LoL, well background music was a requirement for my class, we had to learn how to embed sounds and utilize loops.

9. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

Stylistically I think it's tacky, but well done, especially for a beginner. I think I might take a class on flash design/web design.

10. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

lol, what is so tacky about it?

11. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

This is pretty much my finished product, I have uploaded to my schools website and just added a few final touches.

www.public.asu.edu/~tsimpso

12. Traitor

Traitor New Member

For your first time that is amazing

13. ( * )( * )

( * )( * ) OT Supporter

This is pretty cool.

14. So you're a skinny black dude with 5 arms and blueballs? :mamoru:

jk

good job, did you have to draw all the vectors in flash or could you import other premade vectors or bitmap images? Also what are the requirements for teh assignment? it seems like there's alot more stuff you could have been assigned that I don't see on your site.

15. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

All of the vectors were drawn by me in flash. I could import from Photoshop or whatever, however, I decided if I was going to do a lot of tween shape I was going to do it all in flash.

See all the work I did on the website was outside of school time, because during class all we did were demo's, teaching us different techniques. Some of which worked for my idea other which did not. Overall, because I was a noob...it took me about 70 hours to create that website total. And the theme of the assignment or the rule is it had to be about self identity, which is exactly what I did…lol.

Also, what more do you believe we should of been assigned?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  16. :coold: :bigthumb:

:o 70 hours :hug:

Things that should have been added to assignment: Use of Database is pretty important (i can tell you didn't make one and for what you've created it's not necessary. but in the real world you need to know how to make and organize flash databases), mailto forms (+ more related stuff like time stamping and automated emails), dynamic text (+ creating userfriendly interfaces), higher requirement on # of layers used for images and interfaces to make it look more sophisticated. more advanced volume/music control, external links, multiple pages within the movie... :dunno: could go on. You're still going to take more classes after this one right? Keep learning flash classes, it's fun to learn and very good to know. :bigthumb:

17. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

Well multi pages is already they, external links are simple (and I have to actually have a splash page for class which will link to the adobe site to download flash :big grin:), dynamic text is already there with the loading screen. I could of made a easy and very advance volume control, but it was not necessary for my site...since I was going for something a little more artistic.

Also, I want to take the main idea of this website and create a Artist Portfolio site. I am graduating in 10 days with a Degree in Digital Animation (utilizing software such as, Digital Fusion, Aftereffects, Maya, Softimage)

I do understand the necessity in many of the other things I could of learned, but it is a beginners class. I will continue to learn flash, but I am probably going to do more of that on my own and experiment with it.