So what do you guys have for cold weather gear?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by jdw, Sep 3, 2008.

1. jdw

jdw New Member

Left for work this morning and it was 41*. Needless to say 75 down interstate was a little 'brisk'.. :hsd:

My biggest need right now is gloves. I've got a set of Scorpion EXO mesh gloves that I really like but provide NO wind protection. My Castle textile jacket isn't too bad right now with the liner in it, but it might not deal with much cooler weather (and when I got a little wet yesterday in the cold it really sucked).

Anyone ever put dirtbike style hand guards on a rocket? :ugh: Look like hell but i'd function the way I need.

Then of course watch me spend money on cold weather gear and my bike decide it no longer wants to start. Can I put a block heater in this thing? :rofl:

2. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

dirtbike hand guards would work great i have them on my motard and they provide great wind protection

3. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

I finally bought a set of insulated Alpine Star gloves for the colder weather this spring. They look like bulkier full length sport bike gloves. Work well in the cold weather.

4. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Gloves - Gel padded leather gloves......not sure the brand but they do the job right now.

Jacket - FXRG Harley leather jacket. Also plenty to keep me warm right now but have looked into heated gear for later in the season.

5. jdw

jdw New Member

I'm really thinking about the Cortech/Tourmaster line. One of the local stores had the Scarab Winter gloves that Feel like they'd be good but they're $85 and a little on the bulky side IMO. Even just leather would be better... :hs:

Ugh, I really don't want to drop more money on gear right now - but I'd like to keep the truck in the garage for a couple more months yet. (Hell, last year the roads were clear until December around here.)

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

40-50 it's a 3/4 length jacket, light gloves, jeans or sweats, boots or tennis shoes.

I will switch to heavy winter touring gauntlets and overpants and install the jacket liner when it gets below 35 and under 20 degrees I will usually toss on either a carhart 1 piece or coveralls/jacket and a balaclava under the helmet.

7. Mangina

Mangina New Member

I'm getting heated grips installed soon.