So tonight....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RevBob, Feb 19, 2006.

1. RevBob

RevBob You thought your burning hot steel slide was bad!

I decided that the only thing that can get out of the funk I'm in is a girlfriend. The problem with that is.....all the women I'm interested in are already taken. I see a girl/woman, think to myself, or even say out loud, "She's cute". Only to find out that she is either married or has a long term boyfriend. And this isn't something new. It's been like this for over a year now. It's getting fucking sad.

So let me get back to explaining this funk. I'm depressed. I don't think it's bad enough to seek professional help, but I'm depressed non the less. I don't want to really do anything. I find myself going out of the apt only when nessary. Then wanting to get back as soon as possible only to sit on my ass and do nothing. On the weeklends I'll sleep to 10:30-11:00 then not even take the time to get dressed until 1:00 or 2:00. Sometimes even later. today was a prime example of this. Fuck, I didn't leave the apt until after 5:00pm today. I have nothing to wake up for in the morning. Nothing to look forward to. I want so much to have somebody to talk to at the end of the day. Somebody to wake up to in the morning. But instead, I go home alone. Wake up alone. Spend most of my days alone. God, it's killing me.

SO! How do I find a good woman that isn't already taken?

2. deathbystereo

deathbystereo New Member

if you care so much about getting a girl then get off your ass and do it!

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I was in the EXACT same boat as you up until a couple of months ago. I got friendzoned constantly. My social circle sucked and I didn't have that many friends. I got to the point of e-mailing a pyschiatrist and setting up an appointment to talk to her about my depression, but I backed out.

I wanted nothing more than a serious relationship (which I still want), because I got tired of not having someone to spill my heart to.

I decided I needed to learn what made women tick, and how to improve myself to become a prize in a female's eyes.

I started buying books (The Game, How To Succeed With Women, The Art of Seduction, etc..), starting reading all about every aspect of women. It all made sense because most of the stuff, I could just switch roles and put myself in the woman's spot and think "Shit, that sort of stuff makes me more attracted to women too!"

Then, I started trying the stuff out. I said smiled and said "Hi" to damn near every girl I saw. Then I moved up to asking them one-line questions. Then asking them questions they could answer in a few sentences (asking their opinion on something). Then I thought of a few open-ended questions to ask them, although you could play off of one for the whole night.

Everything built off of that. Am I some master pickup artist? Hell no. I wish. I get rejected all the damn time. And I still get intimidated by hot girls sometimes. But for every 10 girls I talk to, 3 give me their number. (Actually it's usually about half --- Girls REALLY like Marines.) You could talk to 10 girls in about an hour and a half at a bar. Want to know the good part? If you DON'T try, you will ALWAYS fail. Before I started trying, I would get laid like once every 8 months. Since I started trying, i've slept with 3 new girls.

Anyways, i'm not writing a paper on getting over rejection, but rather a different lifestyle.

Interacting and socializing with women, and sex, is too big of a deal in a man's life to not be skilled at. It's not some dirty secret that i'm revealing...it's a known fact. Every guy wishes he could have sex with any girl he wants. Most guys would take that skill over money and power anyday (Even though if you have money and power, it'd take a rare case to fuck up with women at that point).

My advice to you is to invest in a few books (Specifically "The Game" by Neil Strauss), and go out and practice and live that dominative social lifestyle you have always wanted. Be the life of every party. Intimidate those perfect 10's rather than the other way around.

It IS NOT hard, it just takes a lot of practice. Women are everywhere, so you don't have to look hard for practice.

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

:werd:

Start saying Hi to women, it's a great place to start. :)

5. RevBob

The problem is meeting single women. It seems that the only women that I'm attracted to are already taken. I could walk into a room, point out 3-4 women that I like, and every one of them will either be married or have a boyfriend. I can't find the single women.

6. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Are you going to the right places?

Those girls were single before they got married, weren't they? There are single girls everywhere. Myspace is one way to prove that.

Even if the girl has a boyfriend, she can still be won over, assuming it isn't a boyfriend of 2 years or something.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

So make friends with them, and then get invited to hang out with them, and meet their friends.

I would recommend not getting attached to any taken women, as you'll get a reputation as a potential cheater. Be upstanding and you'll meet a good woman.

By the way, if a woman tells you she has a boyfriend it may not always be the truth (unless it's obvious, like she is with him or is wearing a massive ring!) but may be their way of saying your approach is lacking.

Can you give us an example of something like that which happened recently, what you said, your approach, what she said, etc? Maybe we can shed some light on things.

I know I used to get that, and it turns out they thought I was creepy. Oops!

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

:werd:

A lot of times, a girl will just say "I have a boyfriend" to test your responses, or to tell you she isn't interested based on looks. Charisma and personality can quickly change that answer.

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah, what I used to do if I was asking a woman out and she said that, I would reply and say "Well, that's a nice offer, but I don't want to invite him along too. Leave him at home, okay?" ;)

Now realistically, I would NEVER ask out a woman who was with a guy. No matter how hot she is, or what great chemistry we have, if she went with me it means she's a liar and a cheater, and it makes me a cheater as well. None of those relationships ever lasted, big surprise!

10. RevBob

I guess not. In the past I've always found relationships via friends. It always worked out great. You could hang out with them, get to know them without the pressures of an actuall "date". For the last couple of years my circle of friends don't seem to have other single friends.

My morals keep me from going after a girl w/ a boyfriend. I'll tease/flirt but won't really push the subject. I did it once many years ago. The only thing that came of it was a broken heart.

11. McFly

McFly New Member

I just read your responses to these things people have said and I was like - "Wow this is exactly me!" My circle of friends is the same way, everyone is married and no longer in the meeting new people mode. I am kind of left out there hanging. The other people I know arent really into going and and meeting people, they tend to operate on their own. I suggest all the time for us to go out and do some things, meet some people, but they keep shooting me down.

I too can't go for a girl that is already with someone, just some weird old fashioned thing about me that stops me from doing that. BUT, I can tell if their relationship is falling apart and if they are just together for convience. In these select cases there can be openings to suggest something.

I am learning a lot of things the hard way but what I am seeing other younger people doing is putting them in positions where they do meet people. I need help myself finding these "places" I have never been a big bar guy but it kind of seems like that is the default place people always talk about. I know friends and the people they know is the best way, but they too don't know anyone anymore! AHHH!!! I feel what you are going thru man, I really do, it sucks. But, We have to make some kind of move, that is the bottom line.

12. Achmiel

Achmiel Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshi

I don't think the "bar scene" is working out for me. I need to find a new place/way to get my mack on :hs:

I always end up talking to the hot bartender - but I kinda feel it's their job to pay a bit of attention to you :dunno:

Now granted that's how I made a good friend (she's a bartender), but I don't want anything more than that - it's good to have some girls to pal around with :big grin: