MMA so today was my first day on the clock getting payed to teach martial arts

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Maestro Nobones, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

My main school where I train (not my BJJ academy) has been working me towards being an instructor for a while now, and a few months ago I was also offered the opportunity to work with the youth/teen program too, and I accepted and have been training for the last 2 months on how to help run the kids program.

Today was my first day of being officially on the books, being payed to do martial arts. It's a fucking neat feeling, and these guys have a long-term plan for me as far as being an integral part of the school.

:bigthumb:

2. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Maestro what MA are you teaching?

:bowrofl:

3. Maestro Nobones

right now I'm just teaching little kids karate.

the name of our system doesn't really matter cuz it's not something you've heard of. it's essentially just the result of the phases of training that the guys who've run my school went through in the 15 years they've been open. it used to be called progressive tang soo do, but now we're transitioning to a new name, because we don't teach anything resembling TSD anymore. They just started teaching under that name way back and have kinda stuck with it.

but anyway I'm not teaching MMA or BJJ as such, although some of the stuff we do crosses over into and from those areas, but we are definately not a school trying to put out MMA fighters or competitive BJJ practitioners.

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

"payed", huh? :hsugh:

:rofl: jk dude, that is awesome. Hope you enjoy it and help some people learn how to better themselves.

5. Maestro Nobones

well don't let me misrepresent us, we are very focused on helping people better themselves, but not at the expense of good martial arts training. we support all levels of martial artist, and we will supply several good sparring partners for anyone who comes in thinking otherwise ;)

6. Maestro Nobones

I should probably add that, this time 2 years ago, I was just getting my ability to walk back from an MS attack, and was just getting started going to the gym to start to try to rehab myself.

7. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD respect from me, mang! You got lots of balls for fighting hard even with MS, i'd sackride you just for that. Good job brolly!