COMIC so.... thoughts on Dark Wolverine?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Demon Of Dreams, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

apparently, according to marvel.com, in June, the wolverine title is being taken over by the Dark Reign saga, and Logan will no longer be Wolverine, to keep up with how things have started out after the Secret Invasion, the title will be given to Daken ...

Unsure if it'll be a permanent switch, but it's kind of odd to see a character from an Origins run pulled into the mainstream universe. I'm sure it'll remain as such while this Dark Reign goes on, but I'm a little skeptical (Of course, Logan is in SO many different comics and runs of his own, why not give the ol' Wolverine a break...)

Thoughts?
    I'd post a link to the marvel.com stuff but I'm too lazy and tired to find it, ha!

2. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

that's because they're going to start Sniktbub #1 the same month

3. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

I like the Daken character, and Wolverine is overused as is, so let's see if they do something good with it.

4. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Bub bub snikt, bub beer sniktbub snikt darlin'.

5. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

I've read in wiki that Moonstone would also be the main in Ms. Marvel issues

6. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

im excited because there gonna try and make daken undergo the weapon x treatment and get ademantium and wolverine trys to stop it

7. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Who's writing it?

8. CabbieNamedAxel

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm in for Osbourne's leadership becoming permanent.

9. void

void oh yeah?

it worked so well with incredible hulk/herc, that they're going to try it with the other titles it seems. you don't know if it's going to be permanent because they haven't any sales projections to go on, you know, if people really give a flip about a new character like daken. i personally like the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing that him and wolverine have right now, but we'll see.

and wolverine isn't getting one less book, his new series wolverine: weapon x starts that month.

want better news? jason aaron (wolverine: get mystique witer, scalped writer, ghost rider 20-current writer) and ron garney (spider-man back in black artist, wolverine: get mystique artist) are doing the book. So at least it's going to be 100x then what daniel way and steve dillion put together a few years back with origins.

10. void

void oh yeah?

marvel isn't really doing any big events for the next year or so, but bet your bottom dollar that the next big event they do have, will involve osborne's removal. hopefully captain america will publicly execute him after he goes apeshit, teams up with red skull, and tries to take over america.

11. Demon Of Dreams

update on why daken is the new wolverine in the new Wolverine Origins #33 ...

seems to bring together a lot of past issues though too...
    interested to see how it pans out, especially since they're intertwining the origins series with the rest of the universe now.

12. CabbieNamedAxel

Guess it shouldn't be origins anymore since it caught up with continuity. Title switch and let Millar run a future version of Wolverine? I'm down to follow that.

13. Demon Of Dreams

never really understood how it would have worked out that way... I guess it's just him finding out his true origins while still being involved with a clusterfuck of everything else...

either way, it should be very interesting to see what happens now

14. void

void oh yeah?

origins served as a precursor to the whole romulus ordeal...we're all caught up now and get finally get on with what way has planned. if this is going to be an x-event, it won't be until messiah war is over. i THINK it will stay in wolverine's books, but who knows.

i really, REALLY think romulus is wolverine's older brother John. or maybe Dog, but I doubt it. it's got something to do with the hudson family, obviously. maybe wolverine's crazy grandfather (his mother's father). at first i hated them digging up and setting the record straight with logan's past, but now i'm just intrigued with it all.

15. void

void oh yeah?

and i think "dark" wolverine is just daken's mini-series inside of the main wolverine book, i don't think it's permanent. marvel is most likely trying to fold daken into marvel proper and get people interested in him.