SRS So, this summer has been one of the hardest of my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FSTMX5, Aug 18, 2005.

1. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

Lets see where to begin. Basically everything about my life in the last 6 months has changed so much. I left a 4 year college pursuing an accounting degree to go to school elsewhere to pursue my dream of being a pilot. I cant start there till winter quarter though and that in and of itself sort of sucks. Me and my gf that i fell completely in love with broke up, partially because we fought alot and partially because she is also transfering schools and going to UK. For awhile all we did was fight but now we're really close again...and the attraction is still there but shes afraid to be in a long distance relationship starting in a new school ect. So tomorrow she leaves for UK. About a month ago my best girl friend of like 3 years finally moved away to be with her bf in north carolina. We were very close and hung out all the time so that also was very hard. Since I left the university of cincinnati i left alot of my other friends behind too. I was living on my own in a house with 3 other friends and things were awesome but now i had to move back in with my dad. Home life is sort of fucked up for me because a year ago my mom cheated on my dad and they got divorced...but my mom still comes around alot and it sort of causes alot of drama. So basically i feel like even though im pursuing my dream, my life is really going downhill here. Nobody really supports my decision, i lost a very close friend, a girlfriend i loved, lots of friends and now i basically feel like i dont know anyone. Since im not starting school till winter i feel like this is going to be a very long, depressing fall :hsd: Not really sure why I made the post but i guess i just needed to vent. Maybe there is someone else like me out there

2. mofo

mofo New Member

Life has its phases. It's the moments that make us feel bad that will make us appreciate the happy ones later on. Just stick through it. Pursue that dream of yours. I'm sure that you'd make a great pilot. Things will fall into place. Be tough.

3. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

thanks for the posts guys...it really means alot

4. Alternative

Alternative Guest

Dude, you're at the stage in your life where shit just starts to change. Ride it out, make the best decisions you can at the time they need to be made. And dude, your story sounds alot like mine. I'm still riding it out though. It's like a movie unfolding and im just playing the part, going with the flow. Just remember, no girl is worth more than your own personaly dreams.

I hope everything goes great and you can do what is best for you. :)

5. kaxfenix

kaxfenix Guest

My friend you are beginning to take the first steps of a exciting journey in your life. To follow ones dreams is to make the needed sacrifices to continue down the path. In the long run we walk this path for a reason. Some times they end good, but some times they end bad. What matters is when you reach the end you can look back on your life, and know you lived it.

best of luck to you my friend.

6. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Every once in a while life throws challenges at all of us... I empathize with you.

In the span of the past year, I've gone from having a job with one of the highest paid salarys in the company, an office space with a view of the ocean, & no relationship....

Then to having experienced one great beginning and end of a fantastic relationship, traveled back from a foreign country, quit my job, now busting arse trying to set up my own corporation, AND seemingly finding someone new I'm starting to get along with.

This year has just been like a big blur and I've also felt moments of frustration, anxiety, and fear with things going on with family, friends, and my crazy life.

But you just gotta hang in there and take one step at a time each day. That's what I tell myself. These things have to occur for a reason. Our job in life is to skim along the ocean surface until the next wave comes to push us ahead again.

7. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

:hug:

Ya I had to say goodbye to her last night, that was probably the hardest goodbye I have ever had to say. Partially because I know shes going away and living on her own at a new school and shes going to be meeting all kinds of people, and partially because some part of me just wont let her go. I guess theres a reason for that.

To top things off I just got an email from my old boss in Naples Florida where I interned last summer a few days ago. Lauren (my ex) came down to see me for a week and would always send me cards and stuff. Well the one she sent like a month before I left never showed up it must have got lost in the mail or something but she just emailed me and said she went to our condo and found a letter addressed to me from Lauren and I just got it and read it. Let me say...its really hard to read a letter from the ex that was addressed to you a year ago. They say everything happens for a reason and i partially believe that but I cant figure out why a letter i should have got a year ago would find its way to me. Oh well...just gotta stay strong i guess

time to hit up the gym

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005