So this guy at my office...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deusexaethera, Nov 12, 2008.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

...got one of those malware apps on his home computer that bugs you constantly about how you're not protected from malware, and offers a website where you can buy their anti-malware application to get rid of the popups...

...AND HE ACTUALLY BOUGHT IT!! :eek3: I just don't know what to say.

He told me this after he did everything, naturally.

2. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

lol, one of my friends did too. he's definitely not computer savvy, but i never expected him to do something like that. then the spyware tool didn't work so he e-mailed the dude that made it, and that guy said to run a tool that generated some sort of large report and e-mail it to him, and my friend did it...

when i found out i was like "so... you trusted some random person off the internet enough to send him what could have been all your private information?"

3. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

At least he didn't delete his hard drive. A friend of mine recently asked me to fix the computer I gave him. He said it was giving him some sort of error message and that Windows wouldn't load. When I go to turn it on I get a message saying that there is no OS found.... no clue how he managed that.

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Man oh man. That's even worse; at least all these guys got was just a credit card number, not that that's a minor breach of security by any means.