A&P So...thinking about buying a Canon SD110

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedGoober4Life, Mar 27, 2004.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I got money for graduating (uh, it's been 3 months but my parents just decided today--I don't know why). I've been on and off about buying a digital camera.

First I was looking at the A70 but 4 AA batteries and it's fairly bulky.

Then I was looking around bestbuy.com and ebay.com and saw the SD110 which really, looks nice and DP review gave it overall good reviews.

Anybody have experience with the SD110 or the previous SD100? I'll probably buy it tonight or tomorrow if I do. :)

2. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

I bought an SD100 as a 2nd camera. The Digital Rebel is too big to take to the bar or for candid snapshots.

It's a good camera. I'd probably think it took better pics if it wasn't for the fact that I own a rebel :). The 9 AiAF points work really well, and the camera does a great job in the colour / whitebalance / saturation department. Pictures are generally fairly clear, but get grainy when you bump the ISO up to 400 (the max, and it's only grainy as compared to the rebel. Not really anymore grainy than my olympus c-3020 was)

I haven't read up on the update from the SD100 to the SD110, but I'd highly recommend it. I get great battery life too.

3. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Welp...went to Best Buy to check it out and I bought it about 15 minutes ago online (they didn't have it in the store and strangely enough they said they couldn't order it yet he said I could order it online--ha). Also bought the small soft leather case from amazon for canon's smaller cameras (I didn't want anything too bulky, just to protect the camera and only the camera). I'm happy :)