SRS so there's this party this weekend.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by that_one_guy, Aug 10, 2006.

1. that_one_guy

that_one_guy New Member

and I'm wondering what I should do to get ready for it. Mainly if I should shave/wax my chest or whatever, I don't want to be the only guy there that looks like chewbacca. Plus the being a little overweight doesn't help matters any. Any/all advice is appreciated. (It's a whole weekend party at the lake, fyi. All staying at friends lake house thing)

2. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Maybe I live under a rock, but I don't get why guys shaving/waxing is all the rage now. 10 years ago the thought of a man doing this would be considered :greddy: unless you were a competing bodybuider. How "little" overweight are you? I think a little extra cush isn't so bad, but if you have a beer gut that makes you look like you're carrying a litter of 9 or more, perhaps it would be best to keep your shirt on :p

3. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

How hairy are you? You should avoid a wax unless it's foresty. As for being overweight, remember that you'll need to start working on that, but don't let it bother you now. If you don't care about it, I doubt anyone else will either. So just go out there and kick back.

4. that_one_guy

that_one_guy New Member

yeah, i don't really get the shaving/waxing thing either. just seems unnatural to me. never have done it but all the other guys i've seen either do it or have very little/no hair. and for the overweight thing, i'm 6'0' and weigh around 220 if that gives you any idea. doesn't look like I really have a "beer gut", but it's nothing to show off either.

5. percent

percent deluded

Keep it.

Girls fingers through chest hair in bed kicks ass.

6. that_one_guy

that_one_guy New Member

don't really know what you mean by "foresty". it's not super thick or anything, just more than your average 17 year old. kinda looks like what you'd find on someone in their 20's. and I have been working out, lost 20 pounds over the summer so far.

7. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Good work. Sounds like nothing to worry about then.

8. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

6'0" 220 sounds fine to me :)

9. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Fuck it. Be yourself. Shaving your chest because everyone else does is a terrible reason to do it.

Not to mention, when it grows back it's gonna be terrible. Itchy, ingrown hairs, etc... No fun at all.

Your hairy chest and bit of extra weight won't matter if you're confident and comfortable with yourself. Those two features are the most important pieces of being desirable. They're the reason why you always see the hot girls with the goofy guys... Because they're happy with with themselves, and comfortable with who they are...

If you really need to chop some hair off, get a haircut and shave your face...

leave the rest of it.

10. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Best answer here.