SRS So there's this girl that keeps showing up to my work.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by whoa, Jan 20, 2009.

1. whoa

whoa Member

There's this girl who is 19 that randomly shows up where I work (a lounge). At first she was just a customer that comes in every once in a while. Three weeks later, she starts to talk to us more. At first, she seemed pretty cool, just really talkative.

Eventually she starts coming in, and walking into the "employees only" area and puts her bag down EVERY day. No one there really knows who she is. She is religious and yet she talks about how she gets drunk and smokes. She doesn't have a car, so she bugs everyone for rides to get to our lounge. This girl now thinks that she works there. :squint:

She always talks about her ex, and how he cheated on her and how she has been single for two+ years. She starts sitting on everyone's lap and is literally ALL OVER everyone, even a friend of mine who is already in a 4-5 year relationship. We told her that he was in one, and yet she continues to sit on his lap. She also starts rubbing my ears and giving me massages. Shes getting very annoying. :ugh:

Now, I remember a case where someone who was molested as a child or raped when they were younger, acted out sexually. I was wondering if this fits into that scenario.

Thoughts?

2. whoa

whoa Member

Hahah we all think she's crazy too. We even try to hint that we don't want her back here without being to aggressive. Although, there was a time where I just wanted to say gtfo. :mamoru:

3. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

yes i know whoa personally and we both work at the lounge. she was all up on my friend and i even said this load and clear, "hey xxxxx wheres your girlfriend?" and shes still trying to get up all on him. i say this bitch is a homewrecker.

4. whoa

whoa Member

:wavey: . Agreed

5. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

btw she leaves like 8+ missed calls on all our phones including friends that go to the lounge.

6. whoa

whoa Member

She doesn't pay either. :noes:

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

tell your manager/supervisor the next time she comes in, he or she will ask her to leave.

Or hell, do it yourself say "I'm sorry, but this area is for employees only".

8. Daria

Daria New Member

yeah she sounds like she's crazy. definitely get the manager to tell her that she can't come back in the store. if you have proof she stole something, didn't pay for something, the manager can tell her that he'll get the police involved if she refuses. be careful of stalking behaviour and protect yourself.

9. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Ummm, get that bitch OUT.

I've worked in restuarants and lounges and there are plenty of polite ways to doing it if you don't want to be rude.

'Hey sweetheart (only calling her that to be nice, PLUS i dont know her name lol), not trying to be a dick or anything but we were told that who ever wasn't certified to work in the restuarant/lounge are not allowed back here'

Or something to that nature.

Unless you're from RI, like me, its more of a ... 'Wtf are you thinking trick? Get out' :)

- On a side note, you said it was a Lounge, she's 19... 21 to drink?

10. whoa

whoa Member

she doesn't drink at the lounge

11. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

:hsugh: why doesn't the guy with the gf say anything himself?

12. whoa

whoa Member

No idea. Quiet type? He does give us the :ugh: face when she does something

13. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

How long has this been going on? This should have been nipped in the bud the first time this happened. Now she thinks she can come in anytime she wants and do whatever she wants. Would you or your co-workers allow this to happen at your own home? Why let it happen at work too? Grow a spine and tell her to :gtfo:

14. whoa

whoa Member

2-3 weeks? No one wants to say anything cause its free help and she thinks she's good friends with everyone. :ugh:
    Owner was suppose to talk to her about it, but apparently isn't really doing anything about it. :dunno:

15. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Sounds like "free help" is turning into a PITA quick :hs:

16. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

yeah im not going to lie though whenever i feel lazy i just tell her to do shit and she usually does it. just sometimes wrong.. like one time we told her to serve the back left corner first and she went to the front right corner first.. :ugh:

17. whoa

whoa Member

:ugh2:

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

fine. don't do anything about it, continue to use her for work when she is not gainfully employed or volunteering...you're just asking for trouble.

19. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

yeah i understand where you are coming from but basically none of us really want to be the "bad guy" you know? i mean she doesnt bug me to the point where i want her like out for good. i cant say the same for whoa but the way i see it if it really gets to that point then i will basically tell her to fuck off.

20. Abomb

Abomb New Member

I would just ignore her or fuck with her.

21. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I personally wouldn't have a problem telling her to not touch me, and that it would be in her best interest to not come into the employee area (especially if you're a manager or higher).

I've dealt with "extremely" strange people who had no sense of boundaries. They would say and do just about anything to manipulate you, or touch you, or otherwise.

I am extremely blunt with people like this. "Don't touch me" is an effective approach to an extreme type of behavior. I would encourage other co-workers to do the same if they feel awkward.

22. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

the dont touch me has been tried already. LOL. she hasnt came in the past 2 days maybe she got a clue? u guys shoulda seen her rub whoas ears. shit was hilarious haha.

23. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Good, I go for the jugular when putting my boundaries in front of their noses. It's one thing to bump into my boundary, it's another to fuckin' steam roll it and think I'm not going to break my foot off in your ass.

Good job getting aggressive.

24. whoa

whoa Member

no it wasnt. :rofl: kept fuckin shaking my head and pulling away to get her to stop. NO LUCK. :wtc: