MIL So there once was a

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jyokker, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

so there once was a poster named Inforpics,
    She used to frequent this board,
    I think C5Load took her.

2. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

MIAS = Missing in Action while shopping?

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

Busy with real life? good for her!
    i wish i could make a real life for myself out here...all i do is get wasted with friends and chill on the computer...i cant hold a hobby or even keep the same workout schedule for myself for more than a few months...bleh /cry off

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

She's in some serious pain.

5. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

:\ thats terrible!

6. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

you're living in Pearl Harbor...get out for fucks sake. I loved that place, there is so much to do. Go get Dive Certified at the least and go diving all the time.

7. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

yay! congrats on the progress! i hope you are able to take advantage of this crazy warm weather today.

8. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

My NCO had a bladder infection this weekend...Kinda scarey considering her advanced MS - I knew better than to go visit her...everybody and their brother that weren't related to her were jockying for position to prawn over her. My simple text message the next day showing my support meant more to her than any of the visits...and I knew it and she let me know it.

9. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

its called being at sea....thanks
    im not into the diving thing, we just snorkel and spear fish occasionally, and skydiving is too expensive to make a hobby out of....ive hiked the entire island, surfed, ive done pretty much everything out here....

10. someonenew

I was on a sub in Pearl...trust me there's plenty to do.

and if you're "at sea" you're not "getting wasted and chilling at the computer" so which is it?:hsugh:

11. Jyokker

wetsuit!

12. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

im at sea now, and ive done everything there is to do on this island so getting wasted and chilling at the computer is what i do now, i still go out and try to make another hobby but like i said, nothing lasts

13. someonenew

look around, depending on what manufacturer you get you can find them fairly cheap. Also look in the classified, it seems there's always someone trying to get rid of old dive gear. Just for being in the pool, and you mentioned a water temp of ~50 degrees a 3mm suit should do you fine, especially since you want a lot of mobility as well. You could probably even get away with a "shorty" or a "farmer john" style. The "shorty" has short sleeves and short legs:o, but it will still cover your body to keep the warmth in. The "farmer john" is like coveralls:mamoru:. Both will cover the body, but still give you a lot of mobility in the upper body. You don't need a big name, and you don't need any of the really super nice materials since you never have to worry about rocks and coral and it getting torn etc, so even just a normal suit should last you a really long time.

I know that I bought a suit at the Navy Exchange in Pearl Harbor for like $59 years back, it was a 3mm Shorty that I wore for a long time diving in Hawaii, and I still have it in the closet somewhere:o. Check Amazon or where ever else online, and don't forget local classifieds you'll find one fairly cheap if you look.

14. Jyokker

redneck indoor pool!

15. someonenew

yes, you can easily find full fingered gloves. As a matter of fact most diving gloves are full fingered. Most people wear them for protection actually. I have a pair that's sole purpose was protection from rocks, coral, and whatever else I might pick up in the sand etc:o. Booties would help a little as well probably.

You can find a cheap pair of gloves and booties that will do what you want/need for about 30 bucks each.

16. someonenew

I just did a search on Amazon, just because it's easy, and they have 3mm gloves for 17.99 from reputable manufacturers and booties for 30 bucks. So 50 bucks, plus shipping and you're set. The gloves will also add a little padding so no more bleeding;).

For example: Mares boots, high tops. 29.99

http://www.amazon.com/MARES-CLASSIC-DIVE-BOOT-HITOP/dp/B000G7X4ZU/sr=1-1/qid=1166625313/ref=sr_1_1/105-1001041-2068414?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

Mares is a good company, very respectable.

U.S.Divers 3mm gloves 19.99

http://www.amazon.com/U-S-Divers-Comfo-Diving-Gloves/dp/B000ELYHYU/sr=8-2/qid=1166625295/ref=pd_bbs_2/105-1001041-2068414?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

Should last you forever in a pure pool setting, you shouldn't have to worry about them getting damaged or ruined in the ocean or on rocks etc.