LGBT So the truth cums OUT: a testmonial from a str8t guy....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, May 22, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:rofl: :rofl: He said it... not me :o

Gyllenhaal: "All men go through gay period"
    [font=verdana,helvetica,arial]by Ben Townley, Gay.com UK[/font]
    [font=verdana,helvetica,arial]</FONT>[​IMG]

The actor Jake Gyllenhaal has admitted to going through a gay period in his life, weeks before production begins on gay cowboy epic "Brokeback Mountain."

The "Donnie Darko" star says that although he is straight -- and currently dating another of the new Hollywood brat pack, Kirsten Dunst -- he is comfortable with playing the role of a ranch hand who falls in love with a cowboy in the Ang Lee-helmed "Brokeback."

However, he admits he has been the subject of teasing from his friends.

"They're all like, 'Dude, you're gonna kiss a guy,'" he said in a recent interview.

"But it's not about that for me. It's about how impossible love can be sometimes, and I can relate to that," he added. "As well as that, every man goes through a period of thinking they're attracted to another guy."

[/font]

The much-hyped film is being seen as the first time that Hollywood has thoroughly embraced a gay storyline. Based on a short story by E. Annie Proulx, it follows the burgeoning relationship between the two men, as well as the lifelong connection they forge.

Gyllenhaal's co-star Heath Ledger has previously admitted to having fears about the project, but he was encouraged to sign up by his then girlfriend Naomi Watts.

"What is it about wrangling Jake Gyllenhaal up in the mountains that frightens me? Just that!" he said in a press conference in March.
    "But it obviously doesn't scare me away, because I'm doing it."

:rofl: :rofl:

2. Josey

Josey Guest

some men go thru a period....and some know all their life and never have the guts to do anything about it, and some embrace it. This can be said about women too....it's part of Human nature.

3. CoCo

I always say sexuality is fluid... Ride those waves of pleasure whenever you can. Life is short; enjoy it.

4. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I love Jake... The things I'd do to that boy... (or let him do to me, for that matter...)

5. CoCo

...explain

6. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I wanna read the book, but I can't find anywhere that has it for a reasonable price. I'm not paying $20 for a 60 page story just because it's out of print.

7. CoCo

8. tinpan

tinpan Guest

The complete text was on blueskypie for ages, but they have removed it 'at the request of the author and publisher'. Thats tacky as hell

9. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Last edited: May 25, 2004