So, the retard genius at apple told me this weekend

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hsmith, Jul 20, 2009.

1. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

That my iPhone was "lagging" to start (it takes a good 10 seconds for it to start when you press the home button) because if you download freeware it leaves processes running in the background

:ugh:

:ugh:

:mad:

2. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

3. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Half of the people who work at Apple are morons. When I bought my unibody MB, the guy working at the store said that if I wanted to get a RAM upgrade to 4GB, I'd need to buy the laptop built-to-order from apple.com, not from the Apple Store :ugh: Asked another employee then gave me the information I KNEW was correct... that they will do it on the spot for you (took 10 minutes for me). They must have the worst training program ever.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Retard genius? Is that kind of like Idiot savant?

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Actually if you bought a RAM upgrade from Apple directly (even the store) YOU are the moron.... but whatever. :mamoru:

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

They fly the Geniuses out to Cupertino for 2 weeks of training. I should have done it and then quit instead of just turning down the job. Nothing like a free trip.

7. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Well that isn't bad... I was referring to the blue shirted employees that walk around and give 'information' to people looking to buy a product. I've only ever encountered one sales person who knew WTF she was talking about. My Genius experience has been pretty good I guess... the one time I've had to go to one.

I would usually agree but the price of 4GB DDR3 RAM from Apple was actually CHEAPER than any retailers or computer shops in Canada at the time (end of Oct '08). I did my research beforehand

8. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

what is worse is they call each other "geniuses"

:ugh: really

9. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:rofl: oh and also

the one apple store near us the checkout is by the help desk, some guy was returning head phones, walked up

Guy: "I need to return these headphones"
    Apple Girl: "Great!"
    Guy: :ugh: "no, it isn't great"

Then one of the idiot technicions dropped the line "it just works"

IF IT JUST WORKED THEY WOULDN'T BE GETTING HELP FROM YOU

10. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

I've yet to run into any stupid people from an Apple store for whatever i've been in there for. The "genius" who worked on my G5 was very knowledgeable, the sales people knew their shit about the products, and not one person has given me wrong information/guidance.

I probably wouldn't blame it on the training program since they have to go through a pretty intense 2 week training and would more than likely blame it on being stupid before they started.

11. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

I walk into the apple store a while ago to have a hard drive replaced on one of our work iMacs. I walk in and some young kid greets me and asks what I need. I tell him I need the computer serviced. He immediately gets on his little ear walkie-talkie thing and asks some girl also on one who is standing 20 feet away to come over and help me.

She stands there and doesn't acknowledge him even though she sees him directly.

I'm looking back and fourth between the two of them wondering what the fuck is going on. I ask him what is going on and he tells me that she will take care of me and to go by her. I thank him and walk the 20 feet over to her. I get over to this hairy armed broad and she does not look at me. I say "Hey - you're going to help me with this?" She gets on the radio and says "I see him." I'm standing right in front facing her and her eyes are looking OVER my shoulder beyond. She starts whimpering some shit over the walkie-talkie again and I about lost it. Literally 60 seconds of odd silence from her to me, and she is mumbling to this kid at the door about me being right by her.

I said "Listen, lose the walkie talkie for a minute will ya? You're creeping me out! Are you talking to me or what?"

She hesitantly laughs slightly and then starts to pay attention to me and help me out.

Jesus fucking christ that was one of the oddest moments I have had lately. It was like she was pretending I was a ghost that she couldn't/didn't want to see.

12. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

13. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

if you work in a computer store (or retail) you fail at life. who cares if apple calls you a genius or whatever. what is so hard to understand about that :dunno:

14. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

:dunno: This was at the Apple Store at Yorkdale Mall, Toronto, Canada. Maybe it's just that particular store :o

I wish there a smiley that was a combination of :bowrofl: and :ugh:

15. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

or just canadians in general...

just saying... :dunno:

;)