So the owner is letting me buy a Reverse Hyp/GHR.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ~stangzorized~, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

I just recently became the general manager of an Anytime Fitness here in Oklahoma City and I've been giving him some suggestions towards buying a few more things for the gym. Reverse Hyper & GHR are definitely my first two things in mind. He wants quality, and doesn't mind spending, but doesn't want to pay more for something thats not worth it. Is it worth the money to just buy them both from EFS? I was just thinking of going with the basic GHR and the Reverse Hyper Pro. My old gym had the straps and I got used to them, so I was just gonna go with the Pro. Any suggestions/links to something better for the buck?

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Buy from EFS. There is no "basic" GHR though.

3. Ceaze

From the reverse hyper article:

The pro is favored more by the serious powerlifters. They like the looser style and want to load the machine up as heavy as they can. They also have very good technique so they know how the machine is supposed to feel and can make slight adjustments (like arching or rounding) to get the machine to hit where they want. The roller is preferred by coaches, trainers, and gyms because the roller locks the user into place, making it almost impossible to cheat. This makes it easier to teach. Those who have both models feel that the roller is a much stricter movement and like to use this when they do recovery work and want to keep the movement tight. They use the strap when trying to build more strength and use a looser style to allow for more loading. Now with the Ultra model, you can have both. I feel this is the best option all around. I agree that they both offer different benefits, and I used use them both in my training.

4. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

So since the Pro is favored by serious powerlifters and stangorized's rev hyper is just going in a commercial-ish gym, should he get the more basic version?
    edit: ah, nvm.. i see that the "pro" is the basic one. the 'ultra' looks fancy :eek3:

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

btw, saw an article in some magazine about doing reverse hypers on a traditional 45* back raise setup.. but it looks complicated and you have to flip yourself over and lay down.. and i cant figure out how you'd attach weight.

6. Memor

Memor Active Member

that just sounds like a setup for looking silly

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

lol, no shit.. but you gotta remember that in most gyms squats and deadlifts look silly

8. TZ

TZ Banned

i get weird looks :mamoru:. people at my gym are pretty much into benching and curls

9. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

I wish there was an easy way ,besides propping it up, to change the incline on GHRs.

10. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I fucking HATE the roller reverse hyper. its like squatting with a smith machine

11. ~stangzorized~

12. ~stangzorized~

yea, total for the base GHR and Reverse Pro (which is the cheapest of 3), is $2,361. Thats pretty damn pricey.

13. Ceaze

14. benny196

benny196 New Member

How common are either of those machines in commercial gyms?

15. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I've never been to a big name gym that has had either of the two

16. Memor

Memor Active Member

the only reason the gym i go to has a top line RH is because the manager is fucking a guy who does PL stuff and he weaseled his way into getting the gym to buy one

i think i'm the only person that uses it :bowdown:

17. Ceaze

What GHR is best for you?

We have four versions of the GHR:

The Glute Ham Raise – This is perfect for the home gym and the high school that is on a very tight budget. The Glute Ham Raise features the same pad angle and foot pad that we have tested and approved. This is the same GHR that is in many garage gyms that feature some of the biggest and strongest lifters. This is built to last.

The Deluxe GHR – The Deluxe GHR features band hooks, a chrome checker plated foot plate and a step up platform. The step up platform is ideal to get in and out of the machine and this feature makes it ideal for high schools and colleges. The band pegs allow an easy way to add resistance for your stronger athletes. The pad can come in two different colors; one color for the top of the pad and one for the side. The Deluxe GHR is exactly what your training center, college or high school is looking for; it looks great and is very easy to use.

The Collegiate GHR – The Collegiate GHR is our most recent addition. Not only does it feature band hooks, chrome checker plate, two-toned pad option and a step up platform, but it also operates on linear bearings. This makes the Collegiate GHR extremely easy to adjust, especially when working with numerous athletes at the same time. The Collegiate GHR is built for the training center, university or high school that wants form and function.

The Professional GHR – This is the biggest daddy of them all. This is for the university or training center that wants the best and wants everyone to know they have the best. With the foot plate and pad measuring 3 feet in length, this GHR is built for wide stance GHR’s and sit-ups. This is a great way to strengthen your hips and hamstrings. The EFS Professional GHR features linear bearings, chrome checker plate foot plate and step up platform and band hooks. There is no GHR that is bigger or badder.

18. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Get louie's Reverse Hyper. Don't get the roller. And bolt that fucker to the ground.

19. Ceaze

they're all louie's

20. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

ah yes... he has the patent right?

21. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

I like my pro, always wanted to try a roller, and also wanted to try one of those crazy ass ones int eh vogelpoohl XXX video

22. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

i miss lifting at my world's for free =( they had a reverse hyper

23. ~stangzorized~

Yea, I don't really see any point in getting the deluxe instead of the plain old GHR. I don't use bands on them, and I could care less about a step-up to get on it and the back plate being chrome for $100 more...

24. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

the roller sucks, it locks you into position and is miserable. the crazy ass one in Chuck XXX is their big boy, Louie doesnt really make it. Its just a normal strapped RH but the legs are much higher. Apparently its for more gravitational relaxation of the spine or some shit.

25. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

If clients are going to be using it a step up plate will make it easier for them and since keeping them happy is your job you might want to think about. Also, chrome is just pimp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.