so the first mod to come.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Pavester, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Pavester

Pavester New Member

is either a cai. a dumped exhaust. or purchasing some hella 500s and factory foglights.
    installing the hellas behind the grill and putting the fogs in the bumper where they go. then having someone else wire and convert all 3 ( headlights,fogs, hellas) to hid 10k watts.
    i want the hellas wired to the high beam switch.

i can see the lighting conversion costing somewhere around $500 but it would make my drive home much more enjoyable :naughty:

the cai would improve mileage and probably be #2 on the list.

i dont exactly know what i want to do with the exhaust yet, dumper flowmaster super 40s or a header/exhaust setup.

what do yall think?

truck is a 2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7l

2. redneck2725

redneck2725 New Member

If you do any type of offroading, do not get a CAI.

3. Pavester

Pavester New Member

none will be done besides a few cross field drives to get to a hunting camps.

4. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

Fuck Hellas. Go to Kragen or somewhere and get 7" HID's. 100 bucks a pop, and far brighter.
    Sure it's twice the price, but they're way fucking brighter.

5. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

so you're looking to make a lot of noise and prove that you know nothing about lighting?

I'd love to see 10k watts worth of lighting on one car. :rofl:

6. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

unless of course you're looking for 10,000 Kelvin for the color range in your HID lamps in which case you'll be immediately identified as a douchebag because of your bright purple lights and droning exhaust note.

7. Pavester

Pavester New Member

haha i dont think 10000 watts of lighting would be legal. but yes my original plans were for 10k hids for the headlights. ive since decided on 6k to 8k hids. along with doing the fogs the same way.

8. redneck2725

redneck2725 New Member

Is is dirt or mud also??? Remember, a CAI pulls in alot more air, so if you are driving down dusty roads, or muddy trails it will pull in that dusty air or even worse mud and water. I had this happen on my 04 Dakota and hydrolocked the motor. $6900 later, I had a truck again. I wouldn't get it, if you think it might get that dirty. Just go with a upgraded filter, or if you need a CAI make sure to get an Outerwears cover for it.

9. Pavester

Pavester New Member

it would just be dirt.

10. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

FYI, you cannot convert 500's to HID. There is not enough room.
    Just go ahead and get the Kragen ones. Since you live in Texas, I could just ship you some. It'd be way cheaper and way easier.

11. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

so basically you are admitting to everyone here that you dont know shit about trucks ... or internal combustion engines for that matter?

1) Cold Air intakes do not pull more dust, water, or mud into your engine. Get a Quality air filter for it and it will do the same job as your regular air box. (mud? are you kidding me? mud through your air filter? :bowrofl: )

2)Underhood CAIs are worthless on your vehicle ... especially for off road. you are moving slowly, there is little to no airflow under your hood anyway ... its pulling in the same hot air your factory air box did.

3)you hydrolocked your motor (you are an idiot) and you werent smart enough to pull your plugs, crank the engine to clear the cylinders, replace and start (you are an idiot that shouldnt be allowed to drive any vehicle .. unless its electric) ... or you hydrolocked your engine and you were ignorant enough to try to crank it (in which case you should shoot yourself in the eye .. preferable with a 12g, 00 buckshot).

4)yes ... get the cover for your airfilter ... or better yet, dont submerge your vehicle in water and/or plow through a mudhole at 30 mph. Not driving like an idiot, and taking the time to think, will save idiots like you a lot of time and money.