GUN So that old lady DID have drugs in her house! v. update

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Alphaeus, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

I knew you guys should have waited for more information to come out before you got all pissy about the cops' overkill. Officers bought drugs from a man IN THAT HOUSE, and when they searched the house, they found "suspected narcotics" (I doubt they're fake narcotics.) So they bought drugs that came from that house, they got a warrant for that house, they identified themselves, they had to kick in the door, and some old hag whose house was a source of drugs decided to shoot 3 police officers.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88020

2. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i was telling my mom earlier that i didnt believe that woman or the cops. i knew someone was lying, and its the usual suspet :mamoru:

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Drugs could mean expired prescriptions, children's prescriptions, anything. Folks, assuming makes an ass of u to me. :o

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

na dude, i know the area she lives in, its fucking GHETTTTTOO.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

probably had a couple dime bags for her glaucoma, so unless they found a kilo of yayo im not impressed.

6. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

she fuckin hit them all. probably a better shot than half the people on here :rofl:

7. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

No knock raids are still bullshit. So what if some evidence gets flushed?

*knock knock* "We have a warrant, open the door!" *waits a minute* "Stop flushing that damn toilet! We're coming in!"
    What's so hard about that?

We had a guy murdered here a few years back on a wrong address no knock. Senseless. Like one more drug bust makes a fucking difference?

8. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

What's the big deal? Thousands of $'s of Coke/meth/whatever can be flushed in a matter of seconds. If there aren't any drugs, there isn't any case in court. That's the deal. It's a bitch tho, I know they are nessesary in some instances, but that doesn't mean I like them. I guess it just reminds me to never live in the ghetto so there isn't any chance of something going wrong.

9. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

$1000s of drugs < 1 innocent life.

10. Wizard of Poz

Wizard of Poz New Member

Its not like they went there expecting to kill the lady.

Anyways I'm all for the war on drugs, unless its marijuana. $1000 isnt exactly a small amount of drugs either.

11. 2L Bunny

But who says she's innocent? It's still too early in the investigation to make judgements. And I do agree that lives are worth more.

But we're not talking the lives of you and me, we're talking the lives of large drug dealers, who besides drugs are ususally theives, and surround themselves with those that embrace a criminal lifestyle.

12. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

turn off the water beforehand :mamoru:

13. t1h

t1h Guest

there's still water in the tank for 1 flush :hsugh:

14. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

and you're a fucking moron...

15. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

at my work theres this "slow" guy, who was served a wrong warrant for parole violation. the cops came barging into his house and woke him up. he kicked two of them down and was beating on a third when they beat him on the back of the head with a baton and stun gunned him. supposedly he lived on crooks ave and they were looking for crooks street. hes getting some serious cash i believe

16. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Many people have died when they've went into the wrong home and the home owner has shot back.

17. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

^^^
    Exactly. I'm not talking about shoot outs with known criminals. I'm talking about botched raids on innocent home owners. Which I'd wager 99% could've been avoided if they had knocked first.

Apparently a difficult concept to grasp.

18. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

prescription meds are not the same as narcotics

19. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

I'm sure they did find drugs. We have field test kits that verify this but they are not admissible in court so police need to wait for offical lab results before telling the press what they know it is or filing the charges.

20. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Plus sometimes cops drop guns & drugs to justify a shooting.

Just cancel the drug war.

21. 2L Bunny

LOL yup, they do it EVERY DAY....:mamoru:

22. Nilraf

Nilraf New Member

...huh...

23. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I've never smoked anything a day in my life and never had anything stronger than percocet that was perscribed for my back surgery, and I think the war on drugs is bullshit - at least it is as long as alcohol and tabacco are legal.

24. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Of course they weren't planning to kill the lady, that's not the point.

She may not have been innocent but she might be. What's more, she might have been. As was stated, there have been cases where a perfectly law abiding person has been shot by no-knock-raiders and I personally think that even one of those overpowers the value of the raids.

I'm not saying they shouldn't happen because I agree that they are necessary for certain instances but I think the cops (I hate to use it as a collective because I'm not talking about all of them) have in cases done a piss poor job of preparing for these things.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to make damned certain you have the right house and know who is home and where they are in the house! If I were planning something like that I would have so much backup evidence of knowing precisely who I am planning to capture and what I expect to find in there right along with pics of them going into the house before it was raided, including knowledge and documentation of who else is in the house that is NOT a target.

25. 2L Bunny

Do you understand how hard it would be to get "documentation" of who is going to be inside a house? And yes, they normally do know who's going to be inside. Who says they didn't know there was going to be an old lady inside. If she wasn't involved they figured it would be a simple case of going in while she sat on the couch confused, like normal.