GUN So, SureFire > DigiLight afterall. **Product Review**

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Thunderbear, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

So I've had a DigiLight 1000XBLE for a few weeks and I went to the range last night and they were selling G2 SureFires for 30 bucks.. Couldn't resist. Picked it up and I could immediately tell the difference in quality assurance between the companies. The tolerances are much tighter on the SureFire, no rattles, no play anywhere on the light. On the DigiLight, there is a little more play in the momentary switch than I like. Both lights are well made, bright little fuckers. But, despite the 80 lumen rating on the DigiLight, the SureFire seems brighter. I'll post pics of both soon, but in the meantime, here are factory pics of both lights.

SureFire G2 Nitrolon @ 30.95

[​IMG]

DigiLight 1000XB-LE @ 34.95

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Overall, for value and pricing, edge goes to DigiLight. For a comparable price, I got a whole lot more than the SureFire. Anodized aluminum case, Extra bulb, heatshield grip, battery case, pocket clip, lanyard, and belt holster. Either will serve you well. The choice is up to you.

2. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I'm about to pick up a black G2. Also need a box of batteries.

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I just got a G2 and like it so far. Was outside playing with it earlier and it's pretty bright.

It's hard to resist putting out the money for the Surefire M6... Would be totally pointless for me but would still be cool to have :o

4. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Just got my G2 in the mail. It is so sweet. A hell of a lot brighter than my other 1/2millionCP "tactical" flashlight. Great service and super fast delivery from brightguy.

Edit- Mine came with the lockout tailcap, just in case anyone was wondering.