GUN So Sportsman's Warehouse has filed for chpt 11 bankruptcy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pineapple Devil, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

in for liquidation

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Ha. Thats funny to me. They had a store somewhat near here, but that shit was depressing to even walk into. Huge store, in the middle of a big $$ shopping center, right off the interstate. You'd walk in though, and it was nearly empty, and all the employees had this look on their faces like you just shot their dog. I always wondered how they were holding on.

3. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

I used to work at one.

4. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

At least this explains why.

5. Jurisbot Esq.

Jurisbot Esq. Don't blame me I voted for Ron Paul. OT Supporter

employees will clear out the good stuff and leave the xxxl shirts and gym shorts

6. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

That sucks. I thought they'd be doing pretty good right now like the rest of the industry.

7. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I gleefully await the news that Cheaper Than Dirt will suffer the same fate.

If only, to hear the frantic cries of all the shoppers who no longer have anywhere to buy multitudes of chinabrand lights/lazers/rails/scopes in which to infect their rifles with.

8. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

qft. Fuck CTD.

9. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Sportsman's Warehouse filed ch.11? The stores I've been in were always well-stocked, busy, and had helpful employees...

That kinda sucks, I like store. :hs:

10. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Ours started out well stocked, then went to shit, but it was still always packed full of people.

They back story is they are restructuring, they sold off a shit ton of stores to the Canadian equivalent of Tractor Supply Co (united alberta farmers company or something like that), and they are closing off a few stores. I would imagine this chapter 11 is for closing those stores.

11. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

yep ... i picked up my Surefire E2D Executive Defender for $80 there last week ...

liquidation sales > *

unfortunately they wont put their pistols on sale ... i asked and got denied. :o

12. bobotech

bobotech New Member

They are empty.

I went there the other day and looked for some reloading stuff, and they were completely wiped out except for weird things.

Their gun wall has nothing more than bunch of revolvers but forget anything like an XD or a Glock.

13. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

The store I used to work at has no guns left. Sold everything and then corporate fucked them by never delivering new shit.

They are even sold out of .22 and 12ga. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Chapter 7 is liquidation, chapter 11 is reorganizing.

It doesn't surprise me they opened one here recently and they have sold out of everything, they never know when something is going to be back in (nor do they know who to call to see) and they fill empty sports on the shelf with other products so the shelf don't look empty.

I already knew they were selling a few and closing others, I guess that must be part of this chapter 11 reorganizing.

15. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

The one near me closed its doors last year. By the time I heard about it, all the good stuff (guns, accessories, ammo, flashlights, reloading supplies) had evaporated and they were basically down to beat-up samples that had been laying in the backroom for months.

They always had awful prices, were really disorganized, had bizzare holes in their inventories, and the place just sort of felt like a really overgrown mom & pop outfit.

I'd be down for a CTD liquidation. Go raid the store/warehouse in Ft Worth and maybe get stuff at retail prices ... circa early 2008 if nothing else.

16. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

Thats how it is here. At least I was able to find an $11 gun case long enough for my 91/30 Mosin though :o

17. clarus

clarus OT Supporter

Reason we (or they, I dont work there anymore) never knew when things are coming in is because they buy their stuff second hand... never ordering directly from a manufacturer but instead buying leftovers and overproduction stuff from a distributor.

I remember we would get two trucks a week loaded to the brim with stupid shit. One day we got 500 bobber shaped coolers simply because they were cheap to buy and had a high profit margin.

If I remember right, shoes had the highest profit margin, something like 20% and guns had the lowest at about 2%.