GUN So, since the great revolution of '09, this place has been kinda quiet....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, May 19, 2009.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

So.....

Tell me about your projects. I need ideas and want to hear about them.

Mine:

Ordered a McM for a CZ 452 which I don't have yet which should be here any day now. Thinking about building another sillywet rifle cause the old rimfire club near me might be opening back up.

Have several AR lowers that need lovin, though I dunno wtf I wanna do, nor if I wanna spend the money on them (my current AR vision will cost me too much fucking money).

Buying another CZ 75SA, and looking for another. Getting rid of a bunch of my other CZ's, switching my Kadet host over to a SA frame, and using one gun as a base for me to learn to machine with (I want Heines, refit barrel/slide/frame, front/backstrap treatment, and all that jazz. Eventual goal is to have something to embarass my dad's Novak BHP with). I'm also dangerously close to sending out one upper to be turned into a open gun to either fit on my TS (which still isn't back yet after 10.5 months), or a SA host frame. Open Kadet project needs bigger magazines, and a grip/magwell combo plus a threaded tube still.

Get something figured out about my AK, or sell the fucking thing. Right now it sits in hardcore faggotry mode, with ban era furniture and 10rd mags. I want to de-gay it, and cut and pin the barrel/brake down to 16" if I keep it. Maybe add one of those LaRue setups.

That's what comes to me off the top of my head; spill your beans faggots.

2. BLH

BLH Member

The only project I have currently is starting to build an underbed gun safe that will be fire rated. Slide out rack, linear bearings, etc.

3. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Adding fun stuff to my AR as I can afford it. Aimpoint, stock, grip, handguard.

Building a Tantal with my dad.

Trying to decide what order to buy a scattergun, GSG5, and starting my AR 9mm build, and an M14 JAE build.

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

JAE M1A will be an expeeeeeeeensive animal. Good luck, and may economic fortune fall your way.

5. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Yeah I might just say fuckit and go with a PTR91 :hs:

6. I'm sure everyone's aware of my .223AI project. Other than that I'm just working on reloading huge amounts of .223 to sustain my AR habit and I've recently discovered the Friday Night Rifle League around here, which gives me the chance to compete in an action shooting event with my AR every week! Also, I've got 2 classes left this year, a CQB carbine class and a Tactical Carbine class with Hackathorn.

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

recently got my 2nd AR up and running: 16" BCM carbine. currently its plain-jane with only irons on it. im gonna leave it as is for as long as possible, but it'll eventually look like my first carbine (troy rails, VFG, sling) but with an aimpoint micro t1 for primary optic.

the most recent additions to my collection all you faggots will have the pleasure of seeing will be my two AKs:

my AK-47 will be built from a Romy-G kit and NoDak spud receiver. I got a set of Ironwood Design wood furniture for it, and all applicable 922(r) parts.

my AK-74 will be built from a Polish tantal kit and another nodak receiver. i got an OD green stock, and 922r parts.

they'll probably be just like that for a while, i'll probably get some slings for each and MAYBE a larue irondot optic :dunno: if i want to trick one of them out i might go for an ultimak rail system, VFG and another aimpoint t1 :bowdown: IBkeepthatcrapoffmyAK :mamoru:

after those get built i'll focus on my FAL. ive got an imbel parts kit waiting for pretty much everything else :hs: thats my long term money-pit project.

after the AKs get built i'll probably get a ruger 22/45 for plinking over the summer.

cant think of much else other than ammo :dunno:

8. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Still waiting on my 6.5 Creedmor lower from DPMS... that was ordered in November.

9. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

I have two ARs to finish and want to build something based off of a remington 700...

10. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Trying to get rid of my GSG-5PK and get a Ruger MkIII. I love the GSG, but trying to get my wife to go to the range more often and she isn't a huge fan of shooting my XD9 OR the GSG. The MkIII would be a perfect tradeoff.

The other option if I can't get what I want out of the GSG is to just SBR it - she won't have a problem shooting it as a rifle with a stock.

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Got one last AK kit left to build and a Suomi kit (in semi auto :greddy:):
    [​IMG]

Who knows when I'll get around to either. I barely have time to sleep.

12. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

No projects right now. Busy getting the store ready plus I have to pay for a wedding.

13. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Friday night rifle sounds like a blast. There's a HUGE new big $$ shooting facility opening up a couple hours from here. Supposedly they plan on getting some big name trainers, and really pushing the 3-gun/action shooting thing. They just had a pretty damn big match last month (Yar, where were you??)

Why don't you stop being gay and buy my Arsenal from me so I don't have to fix it.

Oh shit, that looks cool. Do people make SA recievers for those? I don't think I've seen one built up..... Looks like it would be a remarkably fun blaster.

14. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

You still haven't answered my PM :squint:

15. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Sort of, since it's an open bolt gun, semi auto receivers have to be a different ID than the originals. So I gotta get a smaller ID receiver and mill down my bolt. Then I have to figure out how to fit a firing pin and hammer and all that good stuff in there. They have been built before but I think everyone does them different. I've seen people use AK, AR, and even 870 fire control groups.

72 round drums were less than $20 when I got them and stick mags are cheap too. The kit was pretty cheap too.

A couple guys I know have a few kits and want to build them up so I assume one of these days we'll get together and have a little build party.

I'm still half considering giving it to my friend with his SOT to build into a machinegun, as it would be a lot less work, and way more fun. But then I don't get to keep it.

16. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

What a dick. :greddy:

:fawk:

17. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

LRB Arms m14 in the making, waiting on LRB to catch up on their backwait is kicking my ass (they said 8-10 months in jan.)

.22 rifle of some sorts

.22 kadet upper for my p-01

18. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Hmm... Sounds like a fun little project. Can you still get kits/mags cheap? My buddy would probably be all over something like that.

19. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I think kits are still around $100 if you can find them. They use to give them away free with orders over $100 or something from Center Fire back in the day :rofl:

Drums are ~$30 and stick mags are like $15. If your buddy has a little experience with machinery it should be pretty easy to convert to semi. The barrel is a little short so you either gotta SBR it or weld on an extension.

Weaponeer has some good info on it. Probably a lot more since the last time I checked.

20. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

Slowly piecing this together. 9mm sbr ar
    [​IMG]

I've got mbus for it now. Waiting for atf to send form back and then it's getting a tros or spikes 5" 9mm 3lug barrel, jp/vtac carbine handguard and going to top it off with an eotech. It will host an aac evo-9

21. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I was going to start a 10/22 project, but since I haven't bought one yet I think I'm just going to order some parts for my 22/45...and take the red dot off of it for a little while.

22. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Shit, that reminds me. I need to get my Form 4 out tomorrow, I want my suppressor :mad:

23. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

what upper is that?

24. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

Spikes Tactical

25. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

why dont you stop being gay and fix your arsenal so i dont have to buy it?