A&P So shooting fireworks sucked. I now have H1N1, TB, West Nile, and Hepatitis!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MSIGuy, Jul 5, 2009.

1. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

So just thought I'd sign on for my last post seeing how the mosquitoes were so bad tonight shooting the fireworks that I will surely drop dead in the next few hours, if by some modern scientific miracle I survive the night I think I found a new place to shoot!

There is a short tunnel, maybe 150 feet that runs below the street lit by these ugly yellow tunnel lamps, but the light in them is just too cool, not to mention the texture of the cement walls and floors. A quick snapshot test shot and I think this place has some potential. I would have liked to do something better, but those fucking bugs were eating me alive!

So here's the first shot, straight from the camera. 40d, ISO 800, 85mm @ 2.2, and 1/30s.

[​IMG]

I tried to play around with the WB for a few seconds and said fuck it, I'm going B&W. A little playing with the sliders and I came up with this:

[​IMG]

Any comments? Any ideas on some cool stuff I could do with this location?

I was thinking same sort of shot with a speedlight on the ground camera left snooted at the model's face to give it some more fill and pop, do you think that would be enough? I'm going to try and go back in a couple of days and play around with some lighting (and actually be able to hold the camera still, not swatting bugs all the time and see what I can get. Any suggestions on how to overcome the WB issues? I assume if I'm going to use strobes I'm going to need to gel the light(s) but is there an easy way to find wich of the Rosco gel sampler to use?

2. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

What do you guys think about the end of the tunnel? I'm not crazy about the big black square that fills 1/4 of the frame, any ideas on what to do with that composition wise?

3. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Put your camera right up next to the wall and/or on the floor and shoot. Another idea is to frame your model in the "black hole" and use some off camera lighting.

4. Waddup you?

Waddup you? OT Supporter

[​IMG]

hows this? the yella was straining my eyes.

5. AE x 11ty

AE x 11ty Guest

Yellow looks more pretty. :joshers:

6. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

The weird thing is that's really how that light looks! It's not just my WB being off, that's how fucking yellow that damn light is.

7. Waddup you?

Waddup you? OT Supporter

I figured the light was that dominating. I just wanted to mess around in LR2 :hs: