SRS so say ...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by johnnywallywallace, May 19, 2005.

1. ... a coworker was out on extended medical leave. a female coworker. a leave possibly psych or drug related. the rest of the department wants nothing to do with the person ... would sending a card seem like hitting on her, or anything else inappropriate? not interested in the girl, but it seems pretty shitty that everyone else is dropping her like a hot potato.

female opinions particularly appreciated.

(I post this here b/c it's likely drug-related ... but even if it's not, I'd think psych issues should fall under road to recovery as well, no place else here for them ...)

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I think sending her a card would be perectly fine. However, that's really not what this forum is for, it's really a "Discussion for those in recovery, recovery resources, solutions for alcohol problems and other addictions."

Psych problems are generally posted in the Asylum, you may want to post this in there. I'm going to move it there for now.

3. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

Sending a card would be great. If she's having problems a card would make her feel better and it would let her know someone cares about her. I don't think she will view it as you hitting on her. And maybe getting a card will help her to recover quicker and get back to work.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Every act of love is appreciated, i would definitly send her a card.

(do expect nasty comments of your collegue's, but diminish them, because they are heartless people) You don't want to be like them.

5. johan

johan Active Member

It is possible to send a get-well card that has absolutely NO romantic suggestions. If you steer clear of any of that, then the mere act of just sending a card should be ok, i.e. not suggestive.

Write a message that is nice but not overly solicitous. Like "hope you feel better soon". Err on the side of being slightly impersonal.

But send the card. As for the coworkers...who cares. Ignore em. Forge your own path in life.

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Also, consider sending your coworkers "Fuck you, hope you get sick and abandoned!" cards. Bastards.