So, protein...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kimjongil, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

Just finished reading through Filmboy's post on the subject. I now understand that I need 300 grams of protein a day. I'm going to get me some chocolate ON whey protein from 1fast400. Question is , when the heck do I take it? Just spread out over the day? After workout? And what's this about taking it with Gatorade? Thanks for any help you're willing to provide. :hs:

2. 94civicEX

94civicEX New Member

In the morning.

Before & After Workout.

Before Bed.

3. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

I think 1 gram per lb should be more than sufficient

4. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

Yeah? hmm, ok.

I've been reading 1.5 per pound. I'm exactly 200 lbs right now. I did think that 300 grams a day sounded a bit crazy though.

5. 94civicEX

94civicEX New Member

Most figures I hear are between 1-1.5, so I agree.

6. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

are you bulking, if you're are bulking , I think 200 will be more than enough. If you're cutting, well I dunno because I've never cut, but maybe the 300grams would be more important then? :dunno:

7. kimjongil

kimjongil Guest

Umm...I'm not sure. :hs:

I'm 6"1, 200 lbs. Somewhat decent shape actually, but only because of genetics. I don't have a belly to lose. I could stand to lose some fat from certain parts of my body though. I want to be bigger, overall. I think I want something like...220 lbs, with around 10-12% BF. I guess that's a pretty high goal to set?

I'm a total newb as you can probably tell. Any helpful info you want to drop on me is appreciated.

8. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

I noticed drastic improvements in the gym when I started drinking less protein powder and getting protein from real food.

Plus you don't feel hungry in an hour after eating a nice protein-rich meal. Powders leave me feeling empty so quick after eating them, it's like "what's the point?"

9. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

did you increase your caloric intake during that time from the addition of more real food to your diet? i don't see why it would make any difference where you got your protein if your caloric intake stayed the same.

10. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

so are you using your protein shake as a meal replacement? I just drink them with my meals and before my workouts. instead of milk with my mean I have chocolate mint ON protein milk :wiggle: yummy

200-300 grams of protein isn't that hard, look how much is in a chicken breast, have a few chicken breasts a day + 4 shakes + your other food and Bam, you're there man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.