So people who have cold sores have herpes?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1200mk, Sep 21, 2005.

1. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

yes. as do those whove had chicken pox or mono or shingles.

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Learn the difference between the kind caused by stress and the kind caused by an STD

4. Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim New Member

They are not CAUSED by stress, they are both caused by a virus, just different varities. One that causes sores up there, and one that causes sores down there. They are different though, so going and kissing someone with a history of cold sores is not going to make you break out in genetal herpes.

Both will also present in times of stress, not just the ones around your mouth.

5. johan

johan Active Member

Yup, sure do. It's a different form (simplex I) but there ya go. Don't do oral while you have an active outbreak.

6. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

There aren't cold sores that are caused by stress; they're all caused by HSV1 (variant most commonly found orally). Stress can cause an outbreak, which is why a cold sore may pop up when you're stressed out, but the underlying cause of that cold sore is HSV1.

HSV1 is the most common varient found in the population, and a large number of the population have it & contract it during childhood. I think we can all think of at least one kid we knew in elementary school that had the occassional cold sore, and we all know how kids that age don't think about viruses (etc.) & the possibility that they may have one before they go and kiss someone...either out of a dare or puppy love. :rofl:

7. JaxFlJon

JaxFlJon Guest

Oh Snap! :noes:

8. XtremelyCanadian

XtremelyCanadian I play hockey.....EH

Quoted for TROOF !!!

I get them quite frequently, no oral while I have an outbreak. Went to the STD clinic to ask about cold sores and they scared the hell out of me. Even if you dont have an outbreak, you can still pass the virus around in the form of cold sores or genital herpes. Nurse also told me there are studies that show that people with cold sores are less likely to contract genital herpes.

Food for thought.

9. gwo20

gwo20 New Member

I'm 16, still a virgin, and havent fooled around with a girl in months.

Yet, I get the occasional cold sore in my mouth. At first I thought I didnt "wash up" enough after masturbating (even though I didnt get any on my hands :coolugh:), but now I guess it might be HSV1?

10. keleko

keleko yes, he is

not. even. close. to what this thread's Q is about

yes, they're viruses, but not herpes or sexually transmitted

depends on where you kiss :naughty:

11. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Could come from anything, like sharing a drink or something as innocent as that. Once you have it it doesn't go away though, I've had mine for as long as I can remember (think some fucker with one kissed me when I was like 2). It comes and goes, usually an average of 2 a year I suppose, which stay around maybe from 2 days to a week depending how early I catch it. Nothing to worry about really, just be careful around others when you have an outbreak.

Oh and things like sunburn can bring it on, so yeh be aware.

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

they are all members of the herpes virus family.

13. caesaar

caesaar New Member

chickepox is wat usually children get allover their bodies as well as few adults who escaped infection during their childhood this is called primary attack by herps zoster virus

secondary attack which is chicken pox reactivation during fever and illness as the virus remains dormant in the body causing wat is known as shingles
    those are not STD

while herps simplex has two types , type I causes mouth lesions while type II causes sore in sexual organs
    those are the STD and they flare up during stree,fever and lowered immunity.

14. audrey

audrey New Member

Ohh I know a bad story about that :ugh:

edit - everytime I see you post I always stop and look at your avatar Is that you? :mamoru:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I've had coldsores since I was 2 years old. It has nothing to do with sex (unless of course you are giving oral while you have one!).

One question though, does that work both ways? Just curious. If you perform oral sex on someone with a genital herpes outbreak, will you start getting coldsores?

16. keleko

keleko yes, he is

:eek3: chicken pox, mono, and shingles are HERPES? :ugh:

17. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Cold sores suck. :wtc:

18. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Quite possibly. But you wouldn't get just one or two cold sores, you would get a whole fuckload.

A person can get an oral herpes outbreak in the genital area but it will be limited to one or two sores, usually in the area that made contact with the cold sore. Genital herpes is a different animal and when someone has an outbreak of genital herpes, it's not just one or two sores, it's a whole bunch.

They're two different strains of the herpes virus. The oral strain is HSV-1 and the genital strain is HSV-2.

You can also contract genital herpes from someone who is not having an outbreak but still carrying the virus if you have unprotected sex with them. People don't think it's possible but the human body still sheds the virus in very small amounts even when an outbreak is not happening.

Use a rubber or get tested, people!

19. JohnVM

JohnVM New Member

it is extremely important to note that use of a condom will not prevent the spread of herpes.

you can get herpes just as easily with a condom as you can without.

20. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

u can still get genital herpes if u use a rubber.

Rubber doens' cover the balls and some of the infected skin on the pussy lips or base of the penis can still come in contact with each other.

If u want to be safer, use a Glad garbage bag as a condom designed to protect the entire area.