So OT.... Iphone or Blackberry Storm or ???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by weezyfbaby, Dec 8, 2008.

1. weezyfbaby

weezyfbaby New Member

Ok so my contract is up with Verizon after this month and I am pretty keen on getting an iPhone because I have seen all of the free apps and what not and am very interested in them. I like the GPS, the sports scores, the random games, the AIM, the mp3 shit that they have and I am very pleased to hear most of these apps I am interested in are free.

So basically.. I come to you OT for some help or reviews if you have one or a blackberry or whatever...

I am wondering if there is anything the iPhone has that the Blackberry doesn't and vice versa that is essentially a dealbreaker?

Also if there are any other options out there better than these two I would love to hear some suggestions...

thanks

cliffs: contract is up, want a new phone, which should I get?

2. Think47

Think47 New Member

I would say iphone,i love my phone,things addicting and keeps me occupied when im bored,i was playing with my friends storm and i think its stupid,you have to put some pressure on the screen to click,thats there thing omg it clicks,might as well just put keys on it.I feel as if i can break the storm,but thats only my opinion,hack the iphone get a load of stuff for it,phone is awesome

3. weezyfbaby

weezyfbaby New Member

how do I hack it?

4. Think47

Think47 New Member

iphonealley.com,has all the apps to hack,depends on if you get a 3g or older one,just follow the simple instructions and you can change the hole layout of the phone

5. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

I'm trying to decide this same thing, except it's between the iphone and bold.

6. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i love my iPhone. sucks for instant messaging. it needs either a) being able to run processes in the background so you can continue to receive messages while in another app or b) push notification to apps so that a message can come through and tell the messaging client that a message has arrived. other than that, it is great.

i wouldn't jump on the Storm just yet. i wouldn't write it off entirely, but i would wait a couple of months to see if they fix enough of the issues with it to see if it is better.

7. OBAMS NEW HORSE

OBAMS NEW HORSE New Member

I've been absolutely in love with the iPhone. Simple UI that is slick on the eyes and doesn't freeze or lock up. That was my biggest problem with Windows Mobile and all the derivatives of it: everything seemed to be sluggish and buggy.

8. Dutchies

Dutchies OT's resident abortion professor

I love my HTC Fuze....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically this is the most powerful phone out right now, well this and the G1. Also it's customizable as fuck, real fun phone.

9. Netwit

Netwit Pass the Kerbango

The fuze looks pretty decent for a Winmo phone.

10. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

wait a bit and pick up a 4Gb iPhone from Walmart for $99 this month. :)

11. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

aww, that would've been slick. shit, i'm definitely using less than 4Gb on my 8Gb iPhone.

12. whispaz

whispaz OT Supporter

i got my wife the storm. she loves it but its incredibly slow at times

13. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

windows mobile :rofl:.........

the storm isnt as "calibrated" as the iphone. i think the iphone has, by far, the best touch screen on thew market.

14. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i'm pretty sure that touch flo is just an interface over windows mobile.

15. blazinut

blazinut New Member

I just bought a Samsung Omnia thru Verizon and I love it. Much nicer than the Storm, and I would rather stay on the Verizon network since everyone I know has it and costs me less money.

16. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

The Touch Pro is not Android. The G1 is the only current US phone running Android I believe. The Touch Pro is a WinMo phone.

17. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

how does the clicky screen prevent you from clicking the wrong thing? i played with my boss's storm for a bit and didn't see how it helped at all.

18. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

At first I thought you meant like you have a storm for personal use, another blackberry for work, and then an ipod that you carry around all the time. I'm not sure why people would want to have their phone as their ipod anyway. You could listen to a little bit of music and be fine, but any videos you watch would drain your battery so fast.

19. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

did RIM finally put together a browser that doesn't suck? i do run into the issue you mentioned every once in a while. yeah, it is irritating as is the fact that Safari doesn't always seem to cache web pages in your history, so when you hit back sometimes it redownloads and rerenders the page. other than that though, it is pretty quick, since 2.2 is mostly stable and is the best web browser i've used for accurate page rendering (which was tested and proven by gizmodo as well).

20. Cicada

Cicada OT Supporter

that looks fuckin awesome

21. mad_vtak

mad_vtak Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (fucking iPhone 3G son: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.247 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Blackberry bold, and then the ipod touch for all your media needs.