MIL So one of our new joins tried to kill himself last night.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Capitals, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Capitals

Capitals Guest

He's been on island a whole two weeks, no one really likes him. He was clearly that recruit, about as smart as a sack of bricks. Been here this short amount of time and already owes the a couple people in the platoon collectivley over $500.

So anyways last night I come over to the barracks to see what's going on (i'm not actually in the platoon atm, tasked out) and everyones flippin out cause this motherfucker cut his fucking forhead open with a razor blade. Apparently he was depressed.

Worst part about it is that he isn't going to get any amount of sympothy when he gets back from the hospital/therapists. Probably just going to get worse now that he just prooved that hes an unstable little bitch.

Discuss.

cliffs: new join slices forhead open in barracks, claims depression. platoon laughs in face.

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Time to outprocess the new guy. He's a liability.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Not a kind and caring workplace, huh?

4. Ranger-AO

It isn't meant to be. He needs to be seperated from the rest of his unit for the good of the unit and for his own sake. Both the unit and he will be better off for it.

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

When someone freaks out like this, what do you do? Transfer him and hope he floats somewhere else? Drum him out? Give him a mental-illness related discharge?

6. Ranger-AO

While he is in the military he'll probably be under psychiatric care (either outpatient or inpatient, depending on how dangerous he is to himself and/or others). After he is discharged, if his psychiatric problems are determined to be as a result of his military service, he will be cared for by the VA hospital.

7. RibeyeAndScotch

RibeyeAndScotch OT Supporter

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. Capitals

Capitals Guest

Little update: They've got members of my platoon doing suicide watch at night for him to make sure he dosen't pull any more shit.

No it's not a caring workplace when you do shit like this. If you have issues talk to your fellow Marines, talk to your NCOs, talk to the Chaplin.

He's messing things up with the unit already. Our unit is going to Pakistan to help out with the earthquake and they are short people and now he is a liability and can't go.

9. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

Admin sep his ass

10. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

MRP had a ton of suicide watches. kids would manage to break apart mach3 blade cartridges to take out those tiny little strips and start scratching their wrist deep. that or they would just jump off the third deck.

i stayed up nights after nights just listening to them cry; about how bad it was in MRP, especially during christmas, how demoralizing and depressing it was not being able to finish training, how they just want to go home or how they ARE being sent home and they can't do anything about it.

the kids that stayed a year in MRP and had to be sent home not completing boot camp. the kids that had to be sent home because the surgery they're gonna get will permanently destroy their chance of ever becoming a marine. kids that are purposely dropping footlockers on their knees so that they can permanently go home. kids that cry at night because they joined the corps for all the wrong reasons and don't know what to do. the kids that try to pretend their gay only to be laughed at when they get sent back to MRP after weeks of outprocessing.

they always said "it'll be better in the fleet, it'll be better in the fleet" but give a unadjusted 17 year old with no outs a chance and the responsibility of not only himself but everyone in his platoon and it's not a sure thing: it's a crapshoot.

kids make the wrong decisions all the time. i've learned the corps isn't the place to be at when you're running away from your problems and i've stressed this again and again with poolees, hammering it into their heads when deep down i know the honest to god truth the only reason why they signed up to be a marine was because circumstances has made them the bottom rung of society.

the corps was never too big on the idea of sympathy but at the same time the overzealous recruiters have sent a lot of unqualified poolees and the drill instructors have turned a blind eye on graduating a lot of unqualified recruits and the fleet has roped in a lot of unqualified marines to stay when they shouldn't.

but trust me: i have seen how desperate people want to be a marine, perhaps more so when they're stuck at MRP. but in the end it doesn't matter because the corps isn't right for everyone. so whatever you do please don't deny him anything that he is owed regardless of what he may have done to deserve it. you can't make them better but you shouldn't turn them any worse. they're still human beings.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  11. Mint Berry Crunch

Mint Berry Crunch Active Member

12. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

If he were a good marine he would have finished the job.
    Marines are pretty good about finishing things.

13. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

"Drop to theeee M......R....P..... GETTIN' DROPPED HERE I COME!"

It's a platoon @ bootcamp for the kids who are hurt and can't hack it in their platoon. They get to heal here.....for weeks/months at a time.

14. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

He's mentally ill. He has a disease. Have some fucking compassion.

15. Ranger-AO

Best thing for all concerned. Fuckin' asshole. :squint:

16. Ranger-AO

That might not necessarilly be true. As was pointed out before, he sliced up his forehead. He's not suicidal - he's asking for attention/pitty/sack time/a quick discharge without actually having to ask for a discharge.

17. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

hippies think everything is a disease. I think hippies are a disease.

18. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

qtf, no room for someone like that, he could get an entire platoon dead

19. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

qft

being fat is not a disease
    being a murderer is not a disease
    being a pedophile is not a disease

even if you have neurological problems causing you to do things, its still not a disease, its a syndrome

20. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:eek3: you mean people claimed it was?

21. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:mamoru: because hes a doctor

22. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

i find it amazing how so many people call things diseases, without even seeming to know the definition of a disease

23. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

the what now?

24. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:ugh: i cant wait for some enterprising lawyer to attempt to use that as a reason why his client should get off on child molestation charges (or something similar)

25. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

i hope they threw the lawyer in jail with the guy