MMA So now the CSAC can say who can fight who?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by RMarks, Jan 18, 2007.

1. RMarks

RMarks New Member

This is a bunch of horseshit.

From MMAweekly:

According to International Fight League officials, the fight between Vernon "Tiger" White and Raphael Davis was not approved by the California State Athletic Commission.

The reason that the fight was not approved was apparently due to the disparity in experience between the two fighters. White's professional MMA record includes more than 50 bouts, while Davis has an overall record of just 1-1.

This is a first for the IFL as there will now be no light heavyweight fight between the Ken Shamrock-coached Nevada Lions and the San Jose Razorclaws coached by Ken's brother Frank Shamrock. There will still be five fights between the two teams, but a lightweight battle between the teams' alternate fighters will replace the rejected fight. Joe Martin will represent the Lions as an alternate and will face the Razorclaws' Clint Coronel.

2. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I agree. I think preventing extreme mismatches is okay, but this isn't like a Wanderlei Silva versus a guy with one match or something.

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I know Vernon White has more experience, that wouldn't make him a more dangerous opponent than Wanderlei Silva though

4. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I still think it should be up to the guy who was supposed to fight Vernon White.

5. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Yeah I guess it's ok if they're looking out for the other dude's safety but it should be up to him if he wants to fight or not. I bet a few up and coming amibitious fighters would want a crack at Ken Shamrock despite his experience, for example. It's not like he's going to literally be killed, a nasty gash, a KO, or a broken limb by not tapping is the worst that could happen. If I'm not mistaken, those are always possiblities in MMA, no?