SRS so my sister is throwin her life down the crapper

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 98formyws6, Mar 14, 2006.

1. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

i know this will be a long post but its a very juicy story...

i have an older sister who is 8 yrs older than me. personally i think she was a shitty sister, never took me out, watched out for me etc, in fact she would always spread lies about me to my folks whom i dont get along w/ either whenever she would get in trouble. sad to say, but if she kicked the bucket i wouldn't shed tears for that long

anyhoo, so she recently gets a new bf (both of em are bout 30) and this dude is still married but going thru a nasty divorce and he has two fugly kids and he is an obvious scam artist. my made a somewhat decent living (will go indepth to that later) so she goes out and buys him a brand new ford expedition using her credit, and also spent 3k dollars at walmart one day! wtf she's not even a redneck, or so i thought (it was on shit for his kids, electronics etc)

so fast forward few months, he gets my sister knocked up and now theyre getting married. i honestly believe he's a felon (have reason to back it up, not just a 'hunch') he lives w/ his folks in the ghetto and doesnt have a job, a real winner:greddy:

but heres the thing his physco wife er now ex wife got my sister canned so she's broke and penniless, he tries to pin this shit on my mom and he tells my sister my mom doesnt want them to be together so my whore of a sister flips out on my mom. a few months go by and here's the kicker my mom gives her a few grand for her wedding by taking out equity on the house.

a litte sidebar, as mentioned i never got along w/ my folks, in fact i can honestly say they haven't paid a single penny for my tuition, i even left home at 18 to enlist in the military to pay for school. and by left home i mean i had to run away because my mom fucking flipped out on that. basically she wasn't going to pay for college but there was no way she was having me join up (whole nother story) nonetheless i enlisted and was an infantry rifleman, i got into a really bad accident and had to get a medical dishcarge. here i was, crushed that my life dream of serving was over and yet my mom was stoked, she never said she was sorry bout my accident

but back to my slut whore sister-so yeah i was pretty razzed bout them shelling out the big bucks for her, keep in mind she did a lot of shit back in the day that pissed them off, i never did any of that shit

well i guess this story shouldnt be bout me, my 'sister' is getting married in 2 weeks and my parents are making me go, whatever i'll handle that shit, however it just seems like a bad movie where no one else sees the total obvious but me. i tried to warn my folks that he's bad news and at firs they were totally oblivious to it, but i think they realize it now but still don't care as obviously my parents forked over a fuckload of money for her wedding.

do i feel bad bout him fucking over my sister? not really i tried to tell her, however as bitter as i am to my folks he's trying to screw them over (he's been trying to steal my folks social security number and shit like that)

i want to slap my parents for being such retards but god what the fuck can you do

end rant

2. johan

johan Active Member

Let me try to reframe this experience for you.

Maybe they might not like him all that much but they feel that she might not have any better option at the moment?

Maybe your sister feels like this is the best she can do?

Personally, I would go to the wedding and try my best to be nice and charming to your sister and her new husband. Hey it won't kill you to suck it up for a couple hours, and then, if you choose, you never have to see them again.

But do try to be nice. The marriage probably won't last, but whether it does or doesn't at least you can have pride in yourself, knowing YOU were the bigger man and you acted with dignity.

Be gracious. You have a lot to be gracious and thankful for.

Your sister is the one getting saddled with this douchebag -- not you.
    Your parents are the one paying into this wedding -- not you.
    This guy is the one with the fugly kids and screwed life -- not you.

YOU get to waltz out of that wedding and go on living your life and be whatever you want. All these poor saps are locked into an ever-shrinking, ever-worsening set of circumstances -- not you.

So you see, you have a lot to be thankful for, and having realized all this, it should be easy to have a smile on your face and be relaxed, easy-going and friendly and gracious.

You have everything in your life. They all have much much less, and its going to get worse.

So be kind. Don't make them feel like crap on their special day. Don't have an "agenda", just try to make things go well for them. It's no skin off your nose anyways.

3. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Couldn't have said it better.

4. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

here's the thing, my sister did better, i'm sure she had bf's all her life but one of the more serious ones was extremely successful, he bought his own house, and made a decent living where my sister could have quit her job, i even liked the guy and so did my whole family, he was an all around good guy, he was even a handsome fellow and quite buff, my sister actually dumped him for a 5 foot nothing male nurse who she dumped too for the current dude, as far i'm aware, this current dude is the worst she did

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think you have to 'distantiate' yourself from her. Just consider her as the 'black sheep' of the family, i mean thats what she is and that is what she does. You are really conserning yourself over her, ask yourself the question. Does she listen to what you say? Answer = no, therefore you did all you could and you just have to let her go her own way. You know i have this disaster family on my dads side of the family, what do we do?

We distantiate ourselves from them. No contact,no phone,no visiting, no chatting no waving no nothing. I advice you to do the same. Its called the family black hole syndrom, where you get sucked up by getting involved into one or more of the family members problems who with their horrible attitude remain to swim in circles in the mudpool, refusing to come out even if family members are screaming to 'get out of there' warnings.

My advice is to let her drown in her own misery, when things have gotten really out of hand (lets say 5 years from now) she'll probably come crawling back for help, maby then she will finally listen, until then. BUTT OUT, its no use screaming against a deaf man, stay away from this nightmare as far as you can, the less of her in your life the happier you will be.

6. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

god that sucks. look they cant MAKE you go if your 18. your legally an adult. try to move out and move in with your parents. if ur into school get an education. your parents sound like real fuck ups if they gave some pregnant bitch money for a weeding with some ghetto fucker.

best of luck to you.

7. scaryice

scaryice New Member

Sounds like your whole family sucks. You can't choose who your family is, so don't feel bad about hating them. Not everybody gets a winner. The best thing you can do is raise your future kids to be educated and sensible like you (hopefully) are.

8. EmiB

EmiB New Member

Do your thing man... go to her wedding whatever makes peepz happy, it will only be couple hours... if you dont go then you wont hear the end of it.

Work hard, get a job, do whatever you gotta do and move the fuck away from them. Good Luck Bro :)