SRS So, my GF of a year is pregnant Problem is...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wtfmates, Jul 9, 2006.

1. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

She's barely 18 and I'm 17. And, to make things even better, we're both still in high school. Seniors now. Now, we've discussed both abortion and adoption. Even miscarriage. She doesn't really know what she wants to do. She is against the option of abortion, because she has heard that your reproductive organs can get damaged while getting one, and she really wants to have kids in the future. She doesn't want adoption either. We've also discussed what we would do if we kept the baby. If she keeps it she wants to run away and live with her parents in Mississippi and work at one of their shops there. I don't think it would be smart for her to take on the responsibility herself, and, even though I'm young, if we do keep the baby, I'd like to help out with it somehow and take care of it too. After all, it is my child too. She's still confused, as am I, and we have no clue what to do.

I guess I should tell you that I'm not even sure if she's pregnant yet. There are some signs like moodiness, increased appetite, weight gain in the stomache area, and nausea occasionally, but all could be explained away by her poor health and the depression she's been going through, which causes mood swings and appetite changes. She's also really stressed out. And she's been having her period, but I know that it's possible to have your period while going though pregnancy. One thing that has me worried though is the fact that she thinks her last period was lighter than her's usually are :hsd:

It's not like we weren't safe. My penis never came near her vagina unless it was in a condom. We ALWAYS used condoms. I always checked the expiration date on them. I didn't use condoms that had been roughed up. I got a condom or two from my friend that were near the expiration date, I came outside of her. I was careful. But, I guess condoms don't always work. I fucking hate the Tojan Man. He's the worst super hero evar :hs:

So, help me out here. Tear me a new one if you must.

2. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

03 white is probably enjoying this after his thread in on topic.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Why hasn't she taken a test yet?

She should really do some research on the physical effects of abortion if she's concerned with that. Statistically she has more of a chance dying in pregnancy/child birth than she does during an abortion. Of course there are risks associated with everything and it is possible that something could go wrong during an abortion, but chances are things will be normal, especially if it's a first trimester abortion.

To be completely honest though I think you're overreacting and she needs to take a test along with getting on the pill after it comes up negative.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I don't remember a thread in OnTopic by you? I really don't have a clue what you're talking about. :hs:

5. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

I've been thinking that we're over reacting too, but she seems to think she's pregnant, so, if she is, I'm wondering what we shall do.

She hasn't been able to take a test yet. She plans on doing it next time she goes to walmart or something though.

6. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

the one you made about teenage pregnancy.

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Ahh. Well I was a teen mom myself so I understand what the two of you are going through ;)

8. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

Ah, you're a she, not a he. Sorry 'bout the mistake. I automatically assume any offtopic member is a male until they say otherwise.

Thanks for the advice too. I'll get her to take a test as soon as possible so I can either stop freaking out because she isn't pregnant, or have something to really freak out about if she is pregnant. If she is, I'll research some stuff on abortion, because I really do think that would be the best choice.

So, how'd your life turn out? From what people say, I come to the conclusion that teenage pregnancies utterly ruin your life. But I really don't see howit would. Sure it would be harder, but not a trainwreck like people say.

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

IMO life is what you make of it. If you expect to fail because of something like this you will.

I was a pretty young mom, I had my daughter at 14. She is now 9 (and sitting here next to me watching Napoleon Dynamite :mamoru: ). Life as a teenage parent isn't exactly easy. It takes a LOT of effort and there many obstacles to overcome. It's hard being young and knowing that life isn't about you anymore, it is about this child you brought into the world.

So to sum it all up, life has been good to me. I graduated high school a year late (and I homeschooled through most of it to be home with my daughter). My grandmother and mother financially supported my child and me as I lived at home until I was 17. I married (not to my daughter's father) at 17 and we moved into a small apartment of our own. I started out working fast food (because you have to do whatever it takes to pay the bills when you have mouths to feed), moved onto being a cashier in a grocery store and then worked in a distribution center for 5 years. My husband and I bought our first house when I was 20 and he was 23 (we're now 23 and 27). I recently quit my job (after saving money for quite some time) to go to technical college full time and that's where we are now. Once I finish with my Associate Degree I will get a full time job and my husband will go to school. I am planning on getting my Bachelors part-time after that.

Again, life is what you make of it. You can make a good life for yourself as a teenage parent as long as you're willing to put in the extra effort that is required. It comes with a lot of prejudice though. :hs: I could have easily sat around popping out kid after kid going on government assistance etc but that isn't what I wanted out of life. Your life isn't going to be over if she chooses to have the baby (provded she is pregnant), just a little more difficult.

BTW... it's not something that I recommend people doing (having children before they're even done with high school let alone college). Good luck with everything!

10. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

:bowdown: :bigthumb:

I'm glad you did something with your life instead of just resigning like a lot of people in your situation would do.

I don't know if I could do that though :hs:

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Not a lot of people can. I watched a lot of my friends fail after having their child(ren). :hs: Or maybe not fail but give up.

If she isn't pregnant, will you be more careful in the future? Double up on birth control maybe?

12. wtfmates

wtfmates New Member

Definitely. I won't be touching her vagina with my penis until she's on birth control pills, and even then I shall stay wrapped up.

13. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

If you took all of those precautions, condoms, never finishing in her, etc, then maybe you should look into seeing whether or not she is pregnate. I take far less precaustions with my fiance' for 3 years and never have once had a problem. It's possible but it sounds like you've been safe.

Also, if she is pregnate... has she been with anyone else? Are you SURE?

14. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

From the looks of it, you might be scaring yourselves over "nothing", though, even if she isn't PG, it sounds like she's got something unhealthy going on with her and should probably see a doctor.

But, 1st things 1st. She needs to take a pregnancy test as soon as possible.
    If she doesn't KNOW that she's PG for sure, you can't really get on to deciding what to actually do next.

My best friend had a baby when we were in HS. She was 15. the father basically ditched her, and really only came around once in a while to try and get some ass from my friend, but he has been out of the picture for most of her life. I don't think she has seen him at all in several years. So she was on her own, with the exception of her mother, and me, pretty much.

No, not at all easy to raise a kid at that age. I can say though, that her daughter, my god daughter, is 18 now, and will be in college next year on a dance scholarship. She's smart, talented, beautiful, and has a very mature and wonderful personality. She turned out alright, in spite of the obstacles she and her mom went through in the past 18 years, so it's not impossible to "survive" becoming a parent at such a young age. It does involve a lot of sacrifice, and it is considerably more stressful than the life of a person who didn't have kids before she/he was ready.

So bear in mind that if she is PG with your child, and you both decide to keep that child, you CAN do it. It won't be easy, but you can.

But again, test test TEST, before you keep freaking yourselves out.

15. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

this is simply not true... i'm sure there's some chance, but generally abortion is a very common and safe procedure. please don't make a decision just based on hearsay. educate yourselves on all of your options.
    http://www.plannedparenthood.com/pp2/portal/files/portal/medicalinfo/abortion/pub-abortion-q-and-a.xml#1096486355040::695742868944376682

also, she should just take the test and get it over with. it's scary but better to know and then you can move on to the next step. get the 2-pack so you have one on hand for the next time there's a scare.