So my gf just told me that I'm not "romantic" enough..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Toodles, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

I don't understand it. I spend my entire weekends with her. I've basically cut out my social life with my boys during the weekends for her. We always do stuff together, like cooking, clubbing, grocery shopping, eating out, movies, going to the mall, etc. I cook for her, and I'm almost always paying for the movies, food, etc. whenever we go out.

I guess I don't do all the "romantic" stuff like leaving her little notes here and there, surprising her with flowers, etc. and other things a "romantic boyfriend" would do.

I guess I'm not very good with this kind of stuff. :dunno: I've got the sex part down though. :o

But so far from what I've figured out on my own, the only way to be romantic is to have money to spend on her, like so you can surprise her with little shit like teddy bears, flowers, candy, etc. here and there out of the blue. And that's a problem for me because I'm not doing too well financially on my own as I am still merely a college student. And sometimes it'd be nice if I could just save up money for myself and without having to spend it on her all the fucking time.

Cliffnotes: How does a broke guy become romantic with his gf?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  2. DetR6oit

DetR6oit New Member

Stuff you "always" do isn't going to be romantic. Just spending time with her even if you sacrificed other things isn't going to be romantic because of that alone. She wants surprises and new places and events to go to.

3. 900stunna

900stunna Guest

Greedy bitches are never happy, let me guess she comes from a divorced family?

4. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

No, but her family is pretty much dysfunctional. Her mom and dad fight a lot, and the only reason why they haven't separated/divorced yet is their children.

Her dad spoils her a lot though. My gf and her father pretty much have that close father-daughter relationship.

5. 900stunna

900stunna Guest

There ya go buddy, she's looking for someone to take her fathers place in the long run, ditch her and find a nice cuddly fat bitch, they'll try anything!

6. DetR6oit

DetR6oit New Member

Just saw your editing. You don't have to spend money or at least not a lot of it to be romantic. It could cost as little as some gas for your car. Romantic isn't synonymous with gifts. Find some cool places to take her before hand then during a time you have planned to hang out together tell her at the last second where you want to go, or just say you are going to someplace that is a surprise and don't tell her till you get there. If you have trouble coming up with original places just think of a cliche place like an uncrowded beach at sunset and go for a walk for instance.

basicly make plans for when you have time planned for each other and let it be a surprise for when the time comes so everthing isn't so scripted, and unsurprising in her life.

7. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

I know exactly how you feel, it is kind of frustrating, because like being busy with school and not having much cash it is hard to do stuff all the time, but at least my girlfriend is very appreciative when I do do nice things for her

8. dnallivah

dnallivah Guest

being romantic doesn't have to cost money. however, not everyone is cut out to be a romantic...i've had it and it's great, but i wouldn't trade my non romantic dude in for the world.

9. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

Switch it up a little, be random, surprise her. Try not to make things so "routine"!

10. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

-pick flowers for her.
    -leave a note for her when you leave for work or school in the morning.
    -find a frame for a pic you don't give a shit bout anymore, replace with pic of you and her.
    -cook her a candle lit dinner.
    -take her for a walk and never take your eyes off her. unless you're driving.

11. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

OMG what are you doing!!! Look at the ROAD!! :rofl:

12. kreationz

kreationz Guest

- cook her dinner with a romantic setting (the candles, dim lights, etc...)
    - setup a bubble bath for her with candles (shuldnt cost you more than $5-$10 bucks)
    - take her on a picnic
    - instead of cooking dinner together.. try and make some sort of desert with her? (try chocolate covered strawberries) that way you guys can kinda fool around with the ingredients! lol.

i think a lot of the key aspect to being "romantic" is surprising her with something she did not expect.

13. Go991ST

Go991ST Guest

god i feel your pain. my gf is the same way. she hates routine but honestly how many things can a couple do? whats wrong with simply hanging out at the house? i thought if you were in love you just wanted to spend time together. i didn't know you had to go to a nice restaurant, give flowers, etc..

14. AngelsWing

AngelsWing New Member

:bigthumb: My bf is in college and doesn't have much money, but he still does little things or even just says things that are romantic enough for me. I love getting little notes on my car, or calls for no reason - just to say hi.

15. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

Not true. The key to romance is thoughtfullness and effort. What she is telling you is that she wants you to show her that you love her by putting some effort into little gestures that say you care.

You can make a thoughtful gesture with little to no money. They can be generic and sappy - ie, a bag of hershey's kisses will cost you 50 cents - write a sweet message or cute inside joke on each one, leave them randomly around her apartment/dorm/office and I promise she will swoon. They can also be 'commonplace' things that just show you pay attention to her wants/needs - ie, if she has to walk across campus between classes, show up with a cup of hot chocolate (less than a dollar if you buy it from dunkin donuts; free if you steal it from the cafeteria) - she'll appreciate the company and the fact that you thought to bring something to warm her up. It's also just things that you say (compliments, sweet comments) and little gestures that you do (holding hands, massages at bed time, etc).

16. Spinkick

Spinkick Active Member

Read "the five love languages"

What you may do to tell her that you love her may not be the same way she see's love. Its a great buck. Seriously read it.

17. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

don't change yourself for her. u either are a romantic guy or not. you can't just become romantic out of the blue.

18. weakone

weakone New Member

:werd: I think a lot of guys could do more of those things.

19. two30v

two30v New Member

Hang on... How can you walk and drive at the same time? :rolleyes:

*Puts on n00b flame retardent jacket *

20. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

just talk to her, tell her you can't buy her stuff all the time, quit going out all the time start mkaing her dinner once a month get some candles and eat your home cooked meal over candle light.

21. HoVa

HoVa New Member

yeah, its just the little things.

my gf says this to me all the time.

but really, i dont care. she should just be grateful im spending my valuable time w/ her :noes:

22. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

x2 except the valuable time part.

If you have a spare room (easier if it's empty, or a computer room) A coffee table, picnic blanket, candles, and can cook. It's easy. If it's a computer room, just create a playlist of soft lovesongs to play quietly in the background. Possibly dance with her. You can also go a couple steps further, get cloth napkins, napkin holders, bucket of ice, wine. Without the couple steps extra, it's less than $10 including food. With the extra, it's still less than $25, and you have everything left over (except the wine) for other ideas you come up with. If you can cook, a simple meal would work, anywhere from ham n cheese sandwiches, cut up in 4 little triangles, to checken alfredo over portabello mushroom (very easy to prepare, and very easy to look like a professional chef did it)

23. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

goodwill

24. TRUE, ON THE FAT CHICKS; THEY MAKE YOU FEEL WARM AND TREAT YOU HELL OF GOOD. LIKE A KING. PLUS YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY THE BITCH IS CHEATING ON YOU.

25. dragonslayer

dragonslayer Guest

well guy if your in college then you've prolly taken a lit class, and in this class there were prolly poems try some. Make sure you tell her the truth if she asks if you wrote them or you could try one or two yourself other than that everybody elses advice sounds good

good luck guy