So my gf asks "what do you want for your birthday?"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ok for real, I don't really want anything. But of course she won't accept that answer. But I can't even think of anything I want...

Give me some ideas so I can tell her something so she can buy it for me and be happy.

Or could I be like "seriously, don't get me anything" and have that somehow increase her attraction because she will like want to get me something but I'm not letting her.

For real tho, I don't want anything :rofl:

I plan to make this thread in the main forum to. I can't wait to hear the suggestions.

2. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I don't even tell people when my birthday is. I hate the unnecessary attention, I pretty much never want anything, and it's kind of impressive when someone knows and I didn't tell them.

Haven't celebrated it in like 5 years heh.

3. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Gift certificate is the worst gift in the world imo. Just give money. Think about it, if they want something, they know what they want, and with money they can get it, but with a gift card they can only use it with heavy restrictions, and most of the time the money is either fully or partially wasted.

Money > Gift Card

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

Anal

5. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

i think you should overthink this and worry about giving the proper answer to such a relationship defining question.

6. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

Seriously don't let her get you anything. That's for like..after you get to know the person for a year and you have your own ideas of what to get them without asking ;).

7. Yuppy

good answer. but i would add to it a little.... impress and surprise me

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Hotel room

9. Yuppy

out of town hotel room

+

tix to a sporting event

10. phish

phish hockey crew

I told my gf she doesn't have to get me anything which made her want to get me something more. :dunno: lol

11. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Eh, I'm probably not the right person to get opinions about regarding holidays, I don't really understand any of them.

If I'm going to celebrate something, I want it to be something that fucking matters. Accomplishments in my career, personal life, etc that warrant celebration. Not some arbitrary date.

Don't get me wrong, the parties are great most of the time, I just don't understand why a party has to take place on a holiday as opposed to, oh, any other day of the year. All the same to me.

And I feel no compulsion to give or receive gifts for the most part, barring rare exception. When I do, I don't wait for some date, I just buy shit and give it to people.

/shrug

12. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

My friends gf got him this for his birthday last month:

he's a huge Packers fan. She got him tickets to see Green Bay against the Rams. Brett Favre broke the alltime passing record in the game.

She's a keeper.

13. demosnat

demosnat New Member

If you say 'no, really, get me nothing' it will probably hurt her feelings, she wants to do something nice for you, let her.
    I'm always in the same boat, I never want anything, so I would go for one of two scenarios:
    Just give her something ot go on "you know i've been wanting to check out this author or that band, I like this line of cologne" etc
    OR
    What I prefer, ask her to do something thats for both of you
    Diner somewhere you wouldn't normally go to (I fucking love food, so its my go-to if I need to choose a gift) a nice hotel, a weekend get away (even if its to a chain hotel three cities away) ask her to buy herself lingerie and wear it on your birthday, etc.

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

im the some way. i dislike presents.

I told the GF to make me a cake and she baked me a big pineapple upside down cake (my favorite). in addition she said i needed new sheets, so she bought me those for my birthday.

15. demosnat

demosnat New Member

They make me really uncomfortable. When its a holiday and I know i'm getting them I just feel awkward and pressured, even if I really like the gift I feel like I can't express my gratitude without coming off sounding fake. I also almost never really want anything, and I just feel like its generally, 'hey, its day X, I purchased this b/c you'd be mad if I didn't"
    I know this is a problem with my outlook, not gift-giving though.

Random gifts I don't mind so much.

On that though, i've loved every gift my current has got for me (I never dated anyone who bought gifts before unless it was christmas/birthday, and my last bf didn't buy anything even then) because its not for a holiday or anything, he just gets something that he wants me to have, and gives it to me when he sees me. I've started doing the same, and I really love it :hs:

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah. I'm awesome at getting gifts for chicks (knock on wood) but I never really want anything.

But I need to come up with something because it feels good to buy people gifts and I want her to feel that.

Maybe like sheets or something... I'm getting a condo soon and will need sheets cuz I'm leaving my old ones at my roommate's house (his dogs seem to like sleeping on them). But good sheets are expensive and I don't want her spending a lot of money.

Oh maybe like wine glasses or something.

I told her just to cook me dinner and give me a massage but she goes "no, that doesn't count. I have to get you something tangible."

Hmmm...

17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Hotel Room

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:hsugh:

Say it with me now....

L-A-Z-Y

Unless she's going to cook dinner, give you a massage, AND get you something tangible. :mamoru:

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You might be to much of a prude for this, but you could both go to the sex shop and pick out something for her to buy.

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I bet he's way too prudish :o

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

oh please.

i do shit from the heart for my bf all the time. bdays and whatnot give me the opportunity to splurge without him saying it's too much.

think of something you've wanted to do, but just haven't allocated the time to do. trip somewhere, or classes. sailing or scuba or cooking or something. disclaimer, i did this last year, and it was a complete failure. but i still maintain the concept is a solid one.

it's winter? car wash/wax/detail?

22. Two toys

Two toys New Member

do you have any fucking hobbies? jesus christ man.

we dont fucking know you.

23. Yuppy

yea youre right....

but the rams packer game girl. thats a keeper. . i wouldve rather seen the other record broken at the metrodome.

24. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Accessories for things you already have works..

SD Memory Cards
    Headphones
    DVDs
    Clothing (sweatshirts, pajama/sweat pants, gym shorts)

Some things I put on my "christmas list" for other people to get me (things that weren't ridiculously expensive, for the people who 'had to buy me something') were:

Aftermarket Hi-Beam headlight bulbs
    Weights (single dumbells or something you can do around the house)
    Dress Shirt / Tie / Socks
    A couple random video games
    Poster Frames
    Blank DVD/CDs
    Speakers for your PC/TV
    Speakers for your car (can get a set for <$100 easy)
    Rubber floor mats for my car

If you wear hats, those work too.. I generally find that giving people a large list of things to choose from makes things easier. They can decide what they feel most comfortable buying you, and it gives them a varying price range to choose from. When you have a large list it also keeps a small element of surprise because they might be able to think of something creative based off of your list.

Hope that helped.

25. Mangopork

Mangopork New Member

Chocolate Vodka.