So my g/f is late...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bcr821, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Bcr821

Bcr821 New Member

So my g/f normally starts within 2 days of the 10th of each month and is typically pretty consistent. Over the past 2 months or so she's been very stressed out because of old roommates bullshit and double rent. However, this month she hasn't been stressed much at all. Well she ended up having her period on the first of February, odd but none the less she had it.

It's now the 26th and she hasn't started. Based on her last period she is 3 weeks late but based on her regular cycle she's only 2 weeks late. She's taken 2 different pregnancy tests (after the date of her normal period), different brands, and they were about a week apart. Both were negative and one was on Monday. We went to the doctor on Tuesday and got a blood test and we're waiting on the results.

She tells me that she feels like she's going to start (got bloated for a few days, back hurts, her face broke out a little bit, moody) but she just hasn't yet. She says that it feels like all the stuff that normally happens to her a few days before her period have been stretched out over the course of like 2 weeks.

She is convinced she isn't preggers and I believe her considering we had 2 negative tests come back. What do you guys think, am I a daddy? :hsd:

2. Jd

Jd Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (i hate my treo: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

:bcr:

3. Jd

Jd Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (i hate my treo: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

But forreal, just wait on the blood tests to come back. Remember that the stress of the results could also prolong the concern, and also affect her period from happening.

4. Bcr821

Bcr821 New Member

:wavey:

That's true. I've been kind of freaking out about it silently. Just wanted to know what OT thought

5. DaFreak963

DaFreak963 New Member

is she on birth controll? did you use a condom?
    If yes to either dont worry too much

6. Jd

Jd Active Member

I've been through the same with an ex of mine. Just stay as calm as possible and make her feel comfortable even though on the inside she is freaking out just like you are. Go out to dinner, see a movie, grab some drinks, you know. Don't focus so much attention to it and there's better chance of her period naturally happening.

Think about it, if the deeds done, then so is the seed. And in that case, you can't change it now.

7. Bcr821

Bcr821 New Member

Good advice. Honestly makes me feel better. That's all i was going for. We really don't talk about it and we hang out and laugh and i try to help her relax as much as i can. I just know she's really frustrated

8. Jd

Jd Active Member

Yea dude, it kinda sucks, lol :hsd: Cause even though she's not preggo, you still gotta treat her with a total calm demeanor all the time so she doesn't easily flip out or stress more about it. If you guys haven't gone out much lately, take her on a surprise date or something.

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

1. you are a daddy

2. you are not a daddy

lets flip a coin

10. Mindflux

Mindflux New Member

pee in her butt?

11. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

You know so much about your gf's rag it astounds me.

12. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Whatev. You and your girl are adorable. (assuming you're with the same chick you've posted pics of a while back in the main) Have babies with her :love:

13. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Time for a trip to 6 flags to be safe? I don't think she pregnant. Just a messed up cycle this time around I would think.

14. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

op = :ugh::squint:
    :hsd::hsd:

:mamoru:

15. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I hate to say it but....

She could very EASILY be pregnant. Especially if her "pre-period" symptoms have lasted 2 weeks. A lot of women cramp, get bloated, feel like they're going to get their period any moment during the initial stages of pregnancy. It's fairly normal to get a false negative pregnancy test and I applaud you for going ahead and getting the bloodwork instead of relying just on the HPT.

Good luck and I hope it all works out.

16. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Sounds like ya could be one of the unlucky one.

Have a talk and see if she's up to a shake and vac?

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

then again my gf's pre period symptoms can easily last 2 weeks so im going to go ahead and say every women's period and period symptoms are a complete fucking wildcard

18. oakback

oakback New Member

Do not discuss any future plans (abortion, adoption, marriage, whatever) until you know for sure what the outcome is.

Other than that, just be relaxed, and wait.

19. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Most women know when they're pregnant, even before a test will pick it up

20. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

My thoughts:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

21. oakback

oakback New Member

Yeah, and full moons make pregnant women go into labor. :rolleyes:

22. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

my thoughts? i'm 33 and every single time i've been with a woman who had a "pregnancy scare" nothing came of it

ymmv

23. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Mine is from experience

From what I can tell, this is a wivestale

I don't see how they are the same, if that was your point ?

24. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

You wouldnt feel different if something started growing in you?

25. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Actually, not neccesarily.

Women who are EXTREMELY in-tuned to their bodies can easily tell. Women who aren't, can easily dismiss the signs. I found out early with my daughter simply because of a UTI. The fact that I had a UTI and they needed to put me on antibiotics but I wasn't on birth control, they ran a test prior to me starting the antibiotic since many are not pregnancy-safe.

It was positive. And then a week late I missed my period (expected) but it wasn't until I was 10 weeks that I felt ANY different and that's when the morning sickness kicked in for me. Up until the morning sickness kicked in, I felt absolutely, positively 100% NO DIFFERENT then when I wasn't pregnant. And that was despite alredy knowing I was.

There are MANY women who don't find out they're pregnant until they are into their 2nd trimester (which is when movement can start to be felt). You have to remember, up until the 2nd trimester, the fetus is tiny. At 8 weeks, the entire fetus and placenta can be held in the palm of a single hand. If you don't want to acknowledge the symptoms, or just plain don't have any symptoms, it's easy to miss. I know women you didn't even think of the possibility of pregnancy until they started feeling the baby move. I personally know of one woman who was SIX MONTHS PREGNANT before she found out.

Every woman is different, each pregnancy is different (even for the same woman). Just because one woman can tell instantaneously she's pregnant, doesn't mean every woman can.